North Carolina TTH Challenge Update

RyanC

WKR
Hey Roksliders I've got some bad news......the decision was made today that the North Carolina TTH Challenge will be cancelled. It was not an easy decision as we continue to want to push our event East and involve archery and fitness enthusiast throughout the country. The number of competitors signed up for the event as of today was 14 and it just isn't a good business decision with such a low number of participants. All of the competitors who signed up will receive a full refund by the end of the week.

This unfortunate event of cancelling the competition does not mean we will stop pushing our movement East. Next year we will have more events and hopefully we can make it work in North Carolina for 2018.

If you have any questions please send an email to [email protected] or you can send me a PM here. Thank-you for understanding and I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to competing at the North Carolina TTH Challenge event this year.

Respectfully,

Ryan Clairmont

OHtard

FNG
That is a bummer, but I totally understand. I guess I have a couple extra months of training before the PA event. Thanks for the update.

KHNC

WKR
Well, I was told 17 by Kenton , 15 by someone else, and now 14. Regardless of the real number, I hate to see it cancelled. I think it was the wrong decision to cancel the event. Once an event is held, people know what its about and it always leads to a larger turnout the next time. I think cancelling will hurt TTH in the east more than it helps. I realize travel is expensive, but 1700.00 in entry fees should have been enough to at least break even. I'm guessing all the other events are generating a large turnout compared to last year. I recently competed in Texas and was signed up for NC and PA as well. As you well know, near zero promotion of this event was done in on social media or local. I know of 5-6 people that I convinced to sign up last week alone. All of them but 1 had no idea the event was even going on in NC. I hope next year more will be done for promotion of TTH in the East. You may take this as bitching, but its just my opinion ( and others) of how this should have been handled. I hate to criticize but I hope more is done to remedy the issue. I truly think NC is a great place to hold these events.

KHNC

WKR
PA event is promising to be huge it looks like.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
That's for sure, especially if you are in the Masters division. Josh M will be there too. He is a beast for sure!

OHtard

FNG
Sounds like it's going to be a great day. I'll be in trad. I'm in the car now headed down to NC. We ended up just extending our vacation since the event was canceled. So, I'll be on Carolina beach with a 50# sandbag, doing my workouts for the next week. Can't wait to get in some warm weather.

That's for sure, especially if you are in the Masters division. Josh M will be there too. He is a beast for sure!