North Dakota democrats buy ads to discourage hunters from voting

nexus

FNG
As I have not been able to find any mention of this issue in any major publication, I contacted the North Dakota Democratic - NPL via email for clarification as to the posting on Facebook. I will post their reply once I receive a response.

nexus

FNG
After some additional research, I was able to find the following (Live updates: Countdown to the 2018 midterms - CNNPolitics) regarding political advertisements on Facebook. I neither endorse or refute the sources for this information, however, I was able to verify with the two subject Senators, via phone calls to their respective offices, that they are challenging Facebook with regards to actually cross-checking the source of these type adds. This does not mean the ad in question is a also a result of this type of posting, but I will await a response from the NDD-NPL. I'll post what I find out.

nexus

FNG
No response from NDD-NPL but a little more research appears to show the origin of the "Fake" ad (AP FACT CHECK: Claim that voters lose hunting licenses false - ABC News). My read is that some campaign genius came up with the idea of conflating the loss of a resident hunters license when one moves away from the state with the same loss of a resident license because one "documents" they have moved states through the voting process. Duuhhh! In no way does it mean the hunter looses his/her hunting privileges or opportunity as a non-resident in the old state. I give it a 5 on the Pinocchio scale.....

The intent of the ad is disgusting...all citizens should vote regardless of party, race, religion, etc...

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
While ND Democrats could run as Republicans in most other states, they could hand out $100 bills here and still not get elected. They’re mostly good folks and pretty centrist, but the culture here is very conservative. Heck, our current Democratic senator up for re-election was an NRA member, I believe.

I doubt stupid campaign ads make a difference.

Rokwiia

WKR
In 2016, your Senator Heitkamp co-sponsored a bill that would allow the Federal government to deny a person from buying a gun, without any due process, if he or she appeared on the "no-fly list". If your name is mistakenly on the government-prepared list (Ted Kennedy had been stopped 5 times), then it's perfectly acceptable to Heitkamp to deny a person's right to purchase a firearm.

Heitkamp is not conservative and thankfully will lose on Tuesday.

tdhanses

WKR
In 2016, your Senator Heitkamp co-sponsored a bill that would allow the Federal government to deny a person from buying a gun, without any due process, if he or she appeared on the "no-fly list". If your name is mistakenly on the government-prepared list (Ted Kennedy had been stopped 5 times), then it's perfectly acceptable to Heitkamp to deny a person's right to purchase a firearm.

Heitkamp is not conservative and thankfully will lose on Tuesday.

She would never be considered a republican in any other state, she’s nothing but a pawn to Chuck Schumer. It’s crazy how powerful NY and CA members of Congress are and how others just follow their direction but if they don’t good luck getting donations for a campaign.

Scoot

WKR
I'm excited Heitcamp will be done. I like some aspects of her but it still amazes me ND ever elected her.

As for the ad, it infuriates me. I hope it backfires and gets conservatives out to vote in favor of traditional ND values.