North Dakota DIY Archery Whitetail Deer hunt

Elusive

FNG
Was thinking about doing a North Dakota DIY archery whitetail deer hunt was looking at United 2D Pembina Hills area. Just wondering if this untied is any good and what the pressure is like.

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
Low access points would probably mean it's tough to get on private land. It's getting that way in ND....never hunted that area, but I'm sure there is public land available to hunt. Get a ND PLOTS book, they're free from Game and Fish, it'll show all public land, and PLOTS land, which is private, but made available by landowners for public access. Also, check out ON X hunt app.... another great resource.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Low access points would probably mean it's tough to get on private land. It's getting that way in ND....never hunted that area, but I'm sure there is public land available to hunt. Get a ND PLOTS book, they're free from Game and Fish, it'll show all public land, and PLOTS land, which is private, but made available by landowners for public access. Also, check out ON X hunt app.... another great resource.

Good post.
To the OP, generally the eastern half of the state is really tough from an access stand point, most is private land and posted, there are a few walk in areas, etc. The western half has a ton of public land to hunt, but does see a fair amount of hunters as well.
Good luck!

My experience in the eastern part of the state is yes there is a lot of private land, but if you are decent at asking for permission it is not very difficult. If you get in with the right farmer(s) you can have good success.

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
After watching THP run around ND, i would like to try it. Keep in mind in ND that if it isnt posted and its private, you can hunt it without permission. There is NOT much posted land in ND, so you have nearly endless places to hunt

WCB

WKR
After watching THP run around ND, i would like to try it. Keep in mind in ND that if it isnt posted and its private, you can hunt it without permission. There is NOT much posted land in ND, so you have nearly endless places to hunt
There is a ton of posted land in ND...There is a lot to hunt true but it is getting posted up more and more and all these shows advertising how "easy" it is, is not going to help. The last thing ND needs is waves of people coming in. These shows have about wrecked every OTC type hunt out west.

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
We have different definitions of 'a ton'. I have hunted waterfowl,pheasants, etc out there and we have seen very little posted land in NW ND. Getting a bit dramatic that shows have 'wrecked' every OTC hunt out West- there is a very small percentage of people that watch these shows that are actually going to try it, even less that will be successful. In the end the sport is dying overall so anything that gets more people afield is going to help the sport.