North Dakota Drawing Results

NDGuy

WKR
Pretty jacked up I got my muley tag this year! I have had 1 tag in the last 9 years in ND and the last tag was a whitetail buck.

Made some good connections last fall bowhunting so can't wait to be back there!

Anyone else draw?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One kid drew the anything-almost anywhere youth tag so we’ll be looking for a MD buck in his unit. The other kid drew the youth doe tag, so I’m going to have some brotherly jealousy. I drew the usual WT doe tag.

slick

WKR
Buddy drew a cow elk tag in E3.
Another friend drew his whitetail tag.

Still waiting on uncles responses..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
No luck here as an NR for a WT Buck tag. Be interesting if any tags in my unit actually made it to the NR draw or if ND just took my app fee again with no chance at actually drawing.

Kotaman

WKR
Nothing for me yet...Holding out for a Bighorn Sheep tag :cool: ...Been applying for mulies for 5 years and NADA. Should have enough to draw Pronghorn though with 9 points. Congrats on the mulie tag NDGUY. What unit?

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
No dice for me, though as a non-resident I pulled a rifle antlered mule deer tag back in 2017. Took me 8 pts to draw that tag. Buddy of mine (also a non-resident) went into this draw with 12pts, and was denied yet again for antlered mule deer...fun hunt out in the badlands. On that hunt in 2017, I had 2 bighorn rams walk out below me at 60 yds. One was an absolute tank. Closest I've ever been to a ram. Pretty cool experience.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Nothing for me yet...Holding out for a Bighorn Sheep tag :cool: ...Been applying for mulies for 5 years and NADA. Should have enough to draw Pronghorn though with 9 points. Congrats on the mulie tag NDGUY. What unit?
I PM'd you.

My friend drew that Bighorn tag last year. Shot a pretty good one. The hunt itself was a shitshow thanks to the other jackass with the tag in his district.

Nothing for me as expected. I’m at a crossroads in my strategy with 7 points. I always thought I would be back in ND by now and was planning to just walk into a badlands tag, but now it will be at minimum 5-10 years until (BIG if) I move back. So I could draw my home unit next year and hop back in for badlands points after that so I’m set if I move back, or keep going for NR badlands and likely draw in 5-10 yrs. the downside is if I cash out and don’t move back, it may take 20 years to get a NR badlands tag.

I’ll go ahead and say they need to have a MUCH higher NR application fee.

WCB

WKR
I’ll go ahead and say they need to have a MUCH higher NR application fee.

William...Why should they have a higher application fee. Granted I am a NR to ND but, you do know that some years certain zones still make you pay an application fee but don't even give a tag out in the general NR draw? I personally think you should only be charged an application fee if your unit actually gives out a tag in the draw you entered. (whitetail)

How about get rid of the outfitter guaranteed tags and NR landowner tags.

I agree, especially because most guys are applying for Mule Deer anyways. Make it $300-400 like every other state.

You mean a higher tag fee not a $300-$400 app fee right? Plus it won't change the amount of tags given out or at those prices effect how many people put in for the draw.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
You mean a higher tag fee not a $300-$400 app fee right? Plus it won't change the amount of tags given out or at those prices effect how many people put in for the draw.
I know but more money for the state and better odds for people that really want to hunt. I would guarantee some people would drop out of the race.

NoWiser

WKR
Yep, price the Average Joe out so that YOU have a better chance of drawing. Great for the future of hunting...

Reactions: WCB

WCB

WKR
I know but more money for the state and better odds for people that really want to hunt. I would guarantee some people would drop out of the race.

Unless you are actually carging 300-400 just to apply then tag fee on top of that or charging 300-400 more for the tag so say $600-$700 for the tag I agree then people would drop out. If you want better odds just tell people that even though you apply and ND states 1% goes to NRs it doesn't mean 1% go in the general draw, but half are taken by outfitters and the other half could go to NR landowners leaving 0 to actually draw, you would see people drop out.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Yep, price the Average Joe out so that YOU have a better chance of drawing. Great for the future of hunting...
Well considering literally every other state is doing the same thing it's not really the future, it's the present.

Supply and demand, there are way too many people applying for limited resources. ND got whacked hard with all our CRP/PLOTS loss the last 10 years coupled with a few bad winters killed our deer. Prices are going up accordingly. I am an average joe but I'll save and work for whatever it takes to get out hunting.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
If you want better odds just tell people that even though you apply and ND states 1% goes to NRs it doesn't mean 1% go in the general draw, but half are taken by outfitters and the other half could go to NR landowners leaving 0 to actually draw, you would see people drop out.
States already do this. I agree it's garbage in that regard.

BTW I meant solely the tag fee, not an app fee+tag fee.

WCB

WKR
States already do this. I agree it's garbage in that regard.

BTW I meant solely the tag fee, not an app fee+tag fee.
I figured that what you meant on the fee...I actually don't have a problem with ND issuing tags like the do...problem is they do not actually explain it or inform people applying that they do it. Most other states do. I had to call two years ago and again last year to get the NR draw results. Whoever I talked to was actually in charge of their draw program...he got a good ear full. Then a few of my buddies called in and asked for the same information just for a longer time frame. Kinda strange all of a sudden this year they actually have them posted to the website....I think they started getting some heat on it.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Kinda strange all of a sudden this year they actually have them posted to the website....I think they started getting some heat on it.
Yeah we have tried to modernize the application process. It was only a year ago they quit taking paper apps :rolleyes:

WCB

WKR
Yeah we have tried to modernize the application process. It was only a year ago they quit taking paper apps :rolleyes:

agree...FYI I have really nothing against ND in fact we have been going out for years (my dad since the 70s me since about 1990 when I was 5) and we have a hunting shack in central ND. Farmers in that area are basically family and overall hunting is fantastic. Just bent me a little when our unit give 11-12 NR tags away and maybe 3 actually go to the draw.

GOOD HUNTING!