North Dakota duck trip - Need accommodations

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I am in search of a house to rent for a week in October for duck/pheasant hunting in North Dakota. We had a place lined up, but the owner just sold the house so we are suddenly S.O.L. Our original destination was the Cando area north of Devils Lake and we desire to hunt PLOTS potholes and public land, but are not married to that specific region.

We're 6 hunters and 3-4 dogs coming out from Pennsylvania and we'd prefer to avoid hotel/motel situation.

The 'slide is how I got hooked up with Bobby's place in South Dakota, so I'm hoping for lightning to strike twice.

I appreciate any leads.

Thanks.

OP
F

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Airbnb has a few
I need to get with the times. I never thought of a site like that to have hunting/hunter-friendly destinations. I thought those rental sites were better suited to hipsters, hostels, and beach bums.

I need to get with the times. I never thought of a site like that to have hunting/hunter-friendly destinations. I thought those rental sites were better suited to hipsters, hostels, and beach bums.
One even lists an angler/hunter friendly.
Is a heated shop with apartment and a cleaning station.
Wasn't very cheap though.

I usually look thru the pictures and you can usually tell based on decorations and whether your likely to get along.

But I've seen several cabins in the past covered in taxidermy, shed antlers etc.

There aren't many hipsters and beach bums looking to hang out in rural ND. It is an easy way for property owners to book their places compared to the old days with word of mouth and ads at the local diner or gas station. Hunters/fisherman is the majority of their market in a lot of places.

WCB

WKR
I am in search of a house to rent for a week in October for duck/pheasant hunting in North Dakota. We had a place lined up, but the owner just sold the house so we are suddenly S.O.L. Our original destination was the Cando area north of Devils Lake and we desire to hunt PLOTS potholes and public land, but are not married to that specific region.

We're 6 hunters and 3-4 dogs coming out from Pennsylvania and we'd prefer to avoid hotel/motel situation.

The 'slide is how I got hooked up with Bobby's place in South Dakota, so I'm hoping for lightning to strike twice.

I appreciate any leads.

Thanks.
Make sure you are aware of the regulations. For the first week of Pheasant opener Non-residents are not allowed to hunt State Wildlife Management areas or PLOTS land. Looks like season will open on OCT. 9th so the 9th -15th is a non go on those properties. Private and Federal Lands like waterfowl production no issue.

OP
F

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure you are aware of the regulations. For the first week of Pheasant opener Non-residents are not allowed to hunt State Wildlife Management areas or PLOTS land. Looks like season will open on OCT. 9th so the 9th -15th is a non go on those properties. Private and Federal Lands like waterfowl production no issue.
Thanks. We're aware of that regulation so we plan to be there the following week.

Reactions: WCB
OP
F

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to the advice here, I was able to locate and rent a house on AirBnB.