North Dakota Solo Road trip for Archery Whitetail

Hitting the road in 2 hours headed to North Dakota to Archery Whitetail hunt! 1300 miles of ground to cover before I get in the stand! Keep you guys posted! James >---->

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck James and thanks for taking us along. Live hunts are a great way to keep from sleeping in as we're all watching now ;)

OP
Bearhunter
Well only 950 more miles if the 1300 to go! It's gonna be a loonnnngggg night! I'm tasked with picking up another 150lbs of cracked corn before I get there tommorrow for the baits... Morning hunts will be spot and stalk with the afternoons sitting on baits. A little different than the backcountry style I'm used to.... Hope my patients keeps me still :)

sk1

WKR
what part of the state are you going to? I used to be station at Grand Forks AFB on the east side......some monster whitetails around the turtle creek area.....ND is the biggest kept secret on monster whitetails.

OP
Bearhunter
Last trip to MT that's what happened in Browning a drunk Wolf/Indian hit and ran on me in my brand new 2011 with 3k miles on it, he wasn't fast enough as I soon caught up with him and layed the smack down then the Trible PoPo bagged and tagged him for the night!!!! No insurance or license or job and a borrowed car, I go Fukd with a tweaked frame and new real axle... Thus trip may be redemption on old John Little dog of the Blackfoot tribe :)

Schism

WKR
Good luck on your hunt. Your timing should be about right as the action seems to be picking up pretty good around here recently. Keep us posted.

OP
Bearhunter
Headed into Runnings in Dickison to get my licenses then off to Casey's Holens house to unpack and get ready for tommorrow! So ready to get out of the car after 1300 miles...

OP
Bearhunter
First kill in the new Kryptek Highlander! Pheasants absolutely everywhere. Very fun to shoot, the amount of waterfowl overhead all day is insane as well...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351981835.065293.jpg

OP
Bearhunter
1 blown stalk on a decent 5 point whitey this morning with the wind in my face and sleet coming down at a chilly 31 degrees... Made my way threw a harvested sunflower crop to watch the deer sneak out of the field into the sunflowers never to be seen again... 1 roadside pheasant down and one missed, now we're headed out with some others to put a big group pheasant hunt together. Also found a nice area were a buck made 4 scraps and horned up several trees, they are starting to come into the rut here, I think the snow is helping!

OBP

WKR
Bearhunter, what ended up happening on your trip? Did you tag a whitetail?