North Dakota Waterfowl Guide

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
My dad turns 70 next year. We are wanting to celebrate with a waterfowl hunt fall of 23. North Dakota seems to be a little more cost efficient than Canada - and easier to get to right now. Anyone have any waterfowl guides in North Dakota they would recommend? I have looked at a number of operations, and wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with a waterfowl guide they would recommend? As long as there are ducks and geese, and at least an opportunity to hunt decoying ducks over water at some point, we are pretty open to any location/hunting style. A quality and fun experience for my dad is the priority, cost is far secondary.

Thanks.

KurtR

WKR
Most guides will do dry land as it’s better and easier than water hunting up here. I’m sure there are some that hunt potholes. Look up split reed they have a bunch of outfits they hunt with and review

OP
M

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
Most guides will do dry land as it’s better and easier than water hunting up here. I’m sure there are some that hunt potholes. Look up split reed they have a bunch of outfits they hunt with and review
Thanks! Yeah, we know dry land tends to be better. Dad grew up hunting potholes in Minnesota, so wanting at least that option. Look up Split Reed. Appreciate it.

KurtR

WKR
Thanks! Yeah, we know dry land tends to be better. Dad grew up hunting potholes in Minnesota, so wanting at least that option. Look up Split Reed. Appreciate it.
If it was me as i grew up hunting lots of pot holes i would go to Arkansas for flooded timber hunt. Its pretty hard to beat mallards floating down on you. They have some really nice lodges and great food to.

WCB

WKR
What time of year are you looking at? Early season, IMO from hunting ND every year, water is by far more consistent and productive. Also, if you are willing to deal with potential of weather I would try to come out early November...chances for big mallard flights and snows along with specks and dark geese.

OP
M

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
What time of year are you looking at? Early season, IMO from hunting ND every year, water is by far more consistent and productive. Also, if you are willing to deal with potential of weather I would try to come out early November...chances for big mallard flights and snows along with specks and dark geese.
We are pretty open when it comes to time of year. Really wanting to just maximize on the best hunting opportunity.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Stone Prairie Outfitters.

Chad runs/owns it, he's good people and they kill a lot of birds. Nice, clean, comfortable lodge as well.

Slugz

WKR
My 2 sense.

For the weather, cost, amount of birds and overall experience of a lifetime you cant beat an Alberta hunt in Sept. Yeah they are not colored up. All the birds are migrating and seeing the first agriculture fields. Decoying is not hard. Liberal limits of 8 ducks and 8 geese a day.

Saskatchewan probably falls into that category also. North Dakota after.