North face one sleeping bag?

So my wife bought me this sleeping bag and seems like a decent option other that it wasn’t in long so I had to take it back. I am new to sleeping bags and don’t know much about them. Seems nice to have different temp bags all in one and take a layer off for weight if I don’t need it for warmth. It would mainly be a truck bag but there may be back pack hunting in my future. Would appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hikenhunt

WKR
I view multi-use items, like a multi-tool, being decent at multiple jobs but not great at any of them.

First, for this bag, its heavy, especially when looking at just the 40 degree bag. Out of your truck, you're not worried about weight, so that's not an issue. But future backpacking would be.

Second, usually this type of bag is very generous with its published temperature rating. It says 5, 20, 40 degrees F, but the lower EN comfort rating is 29 degrees F. I would not trust this bag in sub-freezing temperatures without some backyard testing first.

Take all that with a grain of salt. I haven't actually tried the bag. And multi-tools can be great, I carry one with me everyday.

OP
S
Very good advise and I believe you are correct with the multi tool analogy. Thanks for your opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk