North face sleeping bags

Anyone use north face sleeping bags?

looking to order one this week. I get a good deal on them so looking to stick with north face.

I would like a zero degree bag but not sure if there zero degrees are highly recommended.

looks like the cats meow bag gets a lot of good reviews but that’s only a 20 degree. Maybe that’s a good all around bag?

thabks

xziang

WKR
I use a cats meow for truck camping and it works great foro,thst and or if I car camp and use a cot. In those circumstamces a lot of bags would work. For spiking out 90% of the time i am using a BA lost ranger or WM Alpjnelite. Just wish I didn't slip off the pad with the WM otherwise that would be used 100%

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just got a cats meow for hunts when more precipitation is expected and when I plan on sleeping in my boat. So far I really like it, the price was good and it fits me pretty well so I figure it will be a great addition to my gear.

Voyageur

WKR
This earlier thread might help answer some of your questions about the NF Cat's Meow.

TX_Diver

WKR
I have one that's probably 15 years old and it's been great. It's also may not be an accurate representation of what their current bags are like though as a lot's changed in 15 years...

I may try a quilt in the next year or so. If I end up wanting to stick with a bag I'll consider north face again though if the reviews indicate that the quality is still there.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
I used their 0 degree "Guide" model on a bear hunt in Alaska last year. I was very pleased. Zipper did not hang up, kept me plenty warm in damp, freezing weather (20's). Never really had to use the hood. Wasn't nearly as expensive as my WM down bag either. Won't compress like a down bag, but is a fraction of the bulk of a Wiggy's "ultralight" (lol) bag that I own.

I have a northface dolemite bag. I believe mine is 30* rated. Super comfortable but a little on the heavy side for that temp range. To hot in the summer and to cold and heavy for anything mid October and later. I went the ultra light route with another name brand and spent about $150. It was super comfy and works great in the summer but much to light for hunting season. I am now saving up for something serious. Either a quilt or SG bag. The cost makes me cringe but after much research on here and YouTube, you are gonna have to spend the $$ for the nicer bags that are comfy, lightweight, and also reach their temp ratings comfortably. The SG also has the wind and water resistance which I'm sure adds to the price but it'll be worth it I hope. Northface makes a super comfortable bag and I own a ton of their products, just wouldn't take it on a long haul extended stay hunt but would gladly take it to a base camp type hunt where weight isn't a problem. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
we have several. I feel they are a bit heavy for longer hikes/hunts but they are comfortable and warm. My wife and daughter used them when we camp/hike and they think the bags are the best they've ever used.