North Georgia

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got it... isn’t hog hunting during small game restricted to rimfire? I’m in Union County, pretty busy these days but hit me up if you’re rounding up a group.
Bobcat season is inside of small game which allows the use of centerfire .17 and above

Edit: Just got off the phone with Georgia DNR.
Bobcat season is clear to hunt WMAs at night with centerfire rifles .17 and above

Last edited:

Sloth

FNG
I’m new to the forum (long time lurker), public land hunter from Roswell.

And I gotta say… Rokslide > GON

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Flowery Branch checking in havent been to Cohutta yet but have been the area. Lots of bears. Not so many deer unfortunately, love hunting up that way. Steep country but it keeps people away which is nice.
Most hunt it once and never come back. The deer are few, and a challenge to find, but there are some studs in those mountains. You don’t just bump in to them though.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Flowery Branch checking in havent been to Cohutta yet but have been the area. Lots of bears. Not so many deer unfortunately, love hunting up that way. Steep country but it keeps people away which is nice.
Most hunt it once and never come back. The deer are few, and a challenge to find, but there are some studs in those mountains. You don’t just bump in to them though.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Checking in from Ball Ground. I'm all in on backcountry bear hunts. KentuckyHeadhunter on GON. Let's all do a meet and greet this summer after turkey season.