North Georgia

mooster

WKR
Was thinking about heading up this weekend for the firearms hunt. Just back from AK and brought COVID home as a souvenir and the residual cough may make the hunt fruitless. So on the fence at the moment.

Vethunter

FNG
Was thinking about heading up this weekend for the firearms hunt. Just back from AK and brought COVID home as a souvenir and the residual cough may make the hunt fruitless. So on the fence at the moment.
Best of luck if you do manage to make it for the hunt. Nasty stuff that COVID 1st bout with it I didnt experience nothing with it other than the positive testing. 2nd time with it almost had to be hospitalized and placed on a vent. Be sure to take in plenty of fluids and I found the otc cough and cold meds helped to remediate the affects.

mooster

WKR
Best of luck if you do manage to make it for the hunt. Nasty stuff that COVID 1st bout with it I didnt experience nothing with it other than the positive testing. 2nd time with it almost had to be hospitalized and placed on a vent. Be sure to take in plenty of fluids and I found the otc cough and cold meds helped to remediate the affects.
Thx yes I pounded the OTC cold&flu stuff and managed to keep my experience pretty mild. Lingering cough isn't surprising as its normal for me w/most colds. Timing sucks as I'm back in middle GA for a late start to our deer/bear season, and relegated to the couch. Hope to get out there soon.

Vethunter

FNG
Thx yes I pounded the OTC cold&flu stuff and managed to keep my experience pretty mild. Lingering cough isn't surprising as its normal for me w/most colds. Timing sucks as I'm back in middle GA for a late start to our deer/bear season, and relegated to the couch. Hope to get out there soon.
Definitely understand. In 20 I did a diy hunt out in Idaho same time frame early season for Ga. By the time i returned after my 2 week trip I had lost 25 lbs and became ill to the point i had to go to the hospital. Turned out i developed a nutrient and some other type of deficiency, i was put on bed rest for like 2 weeks or so had several rounds of iv treatments to expedite the recovery process of the deficiency issue and stayed on protein shakes and those weight gainer shakes for 4 months after the fact. I went to Idaho a little bulky around 190 i believe and I weighed in at the hospital like 150 to 160 range. Its rough stuff but its apart of it I reckon catching crud and other ailments when on the road traveling and such.

mooster

WKR
Definitely understand. In 20 I did a diy hunt out in Idaho same time frame early season for Ga. By the time i returned after my 2 week trip I had lost 25 lbs and became ill to the point i had to go to the hospital. Turned out i developed a nutrient and some other type of deficiency, i was put on bed rest for like 2 weeks or so had several rounds of iv treatments to expedite the recovery process of the deficiency issue and stayed on protein shakes and those weight gainer shakes for 4 months after the fact. I went to Idaho a little bulky around 190 i believe and I weighed in at the hospital like 150 to 160 range. Its rough stuff but its apart of it I reckon catching crud and other ailments when on the road traveling and such.
yikes, scary stuff.

Vethunter

FNG
yikes, scary stuff.
Yes, we stayed in the woodline for the duration of the 2 week period we was out there. Only time we left the trailhead was to make the 4 to 5 hour 1 way hike in and out to go to the nearest town to resupply on dry goods for meals. Wanted to maximize the most of the time we had to devote to hunting vs traveling back and forth. We knew the odds were stacked against us generally speaking anyways.

Alright folks I have the signal N goergia chat up and running. DM me to be added in.
Well im more than willing to hit any of the north georgia wmas for deer/hogs if anyone is looking for a hunting partner
Meant to send ya a DM but still have limited access due to new account. I’d love to join the Signal chat to discuss some Deer hunting in some N GA Wma’s

Hey y’all, anyone familiar with whitetail hunting in union county? I’m new here, typically hunting mule deer in the northern cascades, but my buddy who just wrapped up a stint in the military has asked me to teach him how to hunt in N. GA. Would love to chat about if Coopers Creek or Blue Ridge hold any deer. Don’t need to be huge, just legal. Thanks in advanced!

Hey y’all, anyone familiar with whitetail hunting in union county? I’m new here, typically hunting mule deer in the northern cascades, but my buddy who just wrapped up a stint in the military has asked me to teach him how to hunt in N. GA. Would love to chat about if Coopers Creek or Blue Ridge hold any deer. Don’t need to be huge, just legal. Thanks in advanced!
Lots of public ground but it’s hit hard. Most guys chase the acorns. A lot more deer on private but it’s hard to get permission. Probably have better luck with bears.

Lots of public ground but it’s hit hard. Most guys chase the acorns. A lot more deer on private but it’s hard to get permission. Probably have better luck with bears.
Great feedback, I appreciate it. That seems to be the initial general consensus. Steep wooded terrain, low deer numbers… but if a guy weren’t picky, just trying to fill the freezer with venison, do you think it’s worth a shot? Hell, I’d happily take a doe home.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Deer densities in the mountains up here are very low. If you want a doe be sure and check antlerless dates because they are sporadic. Late season is better for deer and early is better for bear.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
The densities are so low that you can no longer shoot does in the Chattahoochee national forest east of I-75, which is most of it. There are plenty of wma's south of there that would have better deer hunting, especially if you want a doe for the venison.