North Idaho December whitetail archery?

Long story short, my wife and I both have tags and plan to hunt whitetail in north Idaho this fall. We do a yearly trip to see the in-laws and I get a deer tag to escape a little. I got screwed with vacation time and can’t hunt the rut. We have access to some small private tracts that do hold a lot of deer (took one morning hunt to fill my tag last year).

How challenging should I expect a December archery hunt to be during this dates (dec 10-17)? thinking it would be a tree stand ordeal, and not planning on any rut activity. Just not sure how I would plan to hunt this late in the season.

the property I can hunt has a few meadows and good variety of cover, but no nearby crops/obvious food. Would love to hear any thoughts you might have. Thanks

Wild_Aber

FNG
I usually hold on to my tag through the deer seasons to hunt the December archery for white tail. It's just a fantastic time because the woods are pretty empty and the deer have a very specific schedule by then. Granted if the snow is crunchy it's very hard to do a spot and stock but it's really hit or miss. The trails are usually well established and if there is a good food source the deer will be there consistently. If the snow is powdery I still hunt if it's crunchy I will get in a blind or stand. The clear winter sky's and brilliant sunset make it just that much better.

Elknr1975

FNG
Long story short, my wife and I both have tags and plan to hunt whitetail in north Idaho this fall. We do a yearly trip to see the in-laws and I get a deer tag to escape a little. I got screwed with vacation time and can’t hunt the rut. We have access to some small private tracts that do hold a lot of deer (took one morning hunt to fill my tag last year).

How challenging should I expect a December archery hunt to be during this dates (dec 10-17)? thinking it would be a tree stand ordeal, and not planning on any rut activity. Just not sure how I would plan to hunt this late in the season.

the property I can hunt has a few meadows and good variety of cover, but no nearby crops/obvious food. Would love to hear any thoughts you might have. Thanks
How did your hunt go?