Northam extends stay at home until June 10th!!!!!

The curve is being flattened/elongated.

Screenshot_20200330-131709~2.png

330 million people in the US, only 990,000 hospital beds. If the spread rate stayed at one order of magnitude every 8 days, peak case load would be in 3 weeks. With the curve flattening, it will take longer to peak and longer still to return to the point that critical cases will not have to be triaged into who gets care and who does not.

June 10th must be there current post peak prediction of when the case load comes back down to a manageable level.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Never let a crisis...well, you know the rest...

I said early on that with the world's countries and governments panicking over this virus, this would be the perfect push for that "one-world government" that is coming. One government to oversee the entire world and dictate what to do in these situations. The one-world currency and a cashless society will be coming as well.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
I said early on that with the world's countries and governments panicking over this virus, this would be the perfect push for that "one-world government" that is coming. One government to oversee the entire world and dictate what to do in these situations. The one-world currency and a cashless society will be coming as well.

Is this why my grocery store is sold out of tin foil?

Scoot

WKR
It'll go past June too. Peak in MN isn't until around July 4th (give or take a crap-load). That'll mean there's around the same amount we have now by about September. When we're on the backside of this, the number of cases we have now will seem like nothing.

Tradchef

WKR

I believe if I read it right in part of the stimulus there was funding for e-currency. Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Maybe we can run it through November? Then I can really social distance myself in the mountains!
In all seriousness I hope it doesn't last that long, that could be devastating.

street

WKR
The curve is being flattened/elongated.

View attachment 165996

330 million people in the US, only 990,000 hospital beds. If the spread rate stayed at one order of magnitude every 8 days, peak case load would be in 3 weeks. With the curve flattening, it will take longer to peak and longer still to return to the point that critical cases will not have to be triaged into who gets care and who does not.

June 10th must be there current post peak prediction of when the case load comes back down to a manageable level.

The curve flattening is more a function of testing than actual cases. Its exponential because of test implementation. It's not like the rate of people being infected is at an enormous rate. The death rate is obviously significant, dont get me wrong. But if the test was done the last 6 months on everyone who went in and got a flu test, that curve would likely look flat, roughly speaking.

The curve flattening is more a function of testing than actual cases. Its exponential because of test implementation. It's not like the rate of people being infected is at an enormous rate. The death rate is obviously significant, dont get me wrong. But if the test was done the last 6 months on everyone who went in and got a flu test, that curve would likely look flat, roughly speaking.

You get out of this thread with your common sense and logic. Can’t you see these folks need something to continue panicking and obsessing over?

Some of you need to use your phone only for making phone calls. Take your televisions and computers and store them in the garage. Disconnect yourself from media and information. You’ll see that despite what is being said, you’ll go thru day to day life pretty much unaffected. I know, I know.....you won’t get to gossip and fret like beauty shop blue heads, but you’ll find other ways to occupy your time. Maybe try making macaroni figures or finger paint.

MattB

WKR
It'll go past June too. Peak in MN isn't until around July 4th (give or take a crap-load). That'll mean there's around the same amount we have now by about September. When we're on the backside of this, the number of cases we have now will seem like nothing.

The site my sister in law (nurse practitioner who is actively phone screening for COVID-19) says peak resource use in MN is projected to be 4/21.

fatlander

WKR

This model has been thrown around a lot over the past week, by both federal and our state government. Where did you find July 4 at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
This is going to be a long haul......first peak will happen and then people will start to do less distancing and you will have a second peak @ the beginning of fall......I doubt any college campuses will be holding classes this year....pro/college sports may be done for a while.....I have a small business in a college town and am trying to come up with a reasonable exit strategy. The economy is going to be devastated. Talking about tinfoil...this could be a very successful asymmetric attack on the free world.....one world government and/or one world currency with the abolition of cash is not out of the question as a result of this. A new currency would most likely be gold backed and I believe china has an awful lot of gold.....

fatlander

WKR

This model has been thrown around a lot over the past week, by both federal and our state government. Where did you find July 4 at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It actually isn't as bad as other states.

Still allows you to go and exercise as long as social distancing is maintained.

I think it was a bunch of idiots on the beaches had a lot to do with it. We have a restaurant, far as I know we are still going to be allowed to do takeout. Hope so anyway.

See where the chips fall after a while.

Yes and no. We have no idea of the real number of infected. And we won't until the antibody tests get rolled out.

We do know how many have died and when.

Screenshot_20200330-185329~2.png

As with the confirmed case testing, there was an order of magnitude increase of deaths every eight days. You can see the curve flattening slightly, but it will likely spike in a couple weeks as the hospital capacities are overwhelmed.