Northern Air Trophy

Headed up this fall with Northern Air Trophy, so far everything has been good, as far as accessibility for questions, recommendations etc... Fingers crossed, always a gamble when you put you faith and money in somebody else's hands. Hopefully we have Chucko trip and not a Waterboy trip...

chucko

FNG
Hunt hard enjoy your time do not read half of this crap as it makes no sense . I will be their again this year that should say enough. Matt really likes to take only returning clients so right on ! I have hunted from spots 150miles out to spots within cell range of Kotz.The caribou are constantly moving keep a positive attitude and do not cut yourself short on time be flexible, the caribou and the weather do not care if you are in a hurry.

Horby

FNG
Ok...I have been working out of Kotz for 18 years so I know all of the flight services. There are a few bad eggs in Kotz and you need to do your homework or you will end up on a pricy camping trip. Its important to remember that NTA went belly up about 4-5 years ago because the Feds nailed them and sent the owner/Pilot to the big house. The year that followed was a gong show because there were lots of hunters booked, money taken and no pilot. NTA his wife worked hard to find flight services but lots of groups got dumped and did not hunt. Fast forward to the present. A new owner arrives and in the past 2 years has worked his ass off to do a good job. I have not run into any hunters who had anything major to complain about with the new owner..

I have a question about getting dumped next to 3 drilling rigs...How is that possible? There are NO Drilling Rigs in Unit 23 at all.....NO Rigs and no oil. Even if there were rigs it is against the law to get anywhere near a drilling operation for all of the common sense reasons. you can think of. Are you sure you were in Unit 23? The drilling rigs are all east of Barrow and all in unit 26-North Slope. There is no way in Hell BP or any of the other operators would allow any hunting anywhere near any drill site or near any pipelines period... This just does not pass the sniff test guys!

Last pont....Do your homework. There are 3 really good flight operations out of Kotz and I send almost all of my hunters to those flight operations . I have a hard NO with 2 others because I know how they operate and will not send guys to them. All of us in the Hunting Business are greatly affected by bad reviews. None of us are 100% perfect every time. Every few years I get a group who are just not satisfied with anything and I get the I have a brother who is a lawyer threat now and then. Hunters are very high maintenance and I flat out screen my potential groups all the time. I turn away a few groups every year because they have unrealistic expectations, they are high need people or they are not prepared what they are about to embark upon...The current owner of NTA appears to be a good guy trying very hard to do a good job and if you can book him do it!
I know you’re not going to say it publicly and I would direct message you if I had enough posts to do so. But I’m in the beginning stages of planning a caribou trip and have several emails in to transporters from Kotzebue. You say there’s 3 good ones and 2 to stay away from? I would really like to talk to you about Caribou hunting out of kotzebue.