Northern BC Moose

Trying to decide on a bucket list hunt. Looking for some outfitters to check out for NORTHERN BC moose. Especially interested in ones with a good moose/goat combo. Would like to stay under $20k to the outfitter for a combo.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Jim Lancaster, Copper River Outfitters. I've hunted with him 4 times. First class operation with great areas. He would be my first call for sure.

Dan-o

FNG
I had a great hunt with Stone Mountain Safaris. I would recommend them for what you are looking for.

Circle M Outfitters and Fraser McDonald. Hunted spring bear up there but tons of moose sign and good goats too. Small family run operation. Great guides and they WORK to get you on game.

CoSwede

FNG
I would second the Jim Lancaster and Copper River Outfitters. Took my 70+ father there last year on a "bucket list" hunt for him. Wonderful time. Five bulls for five hunters. Plus grouse, trout, bears and wolves. Keep in mind that his Smithers operation is geared towards "meat bulls" vice trophy class animals.

Southeast

FNG
I’m going to give Pelly Lake Outfitters a try for moose/goat or possibly mountain caribou in 2021. Have any of you been there?

Harveyb

FNG
I also recommend Jim Lancaster. We hunted with him 3 years ago at Copper River in their Binta Lake camp. He also does hunts in the NWT where they take larger bulls.

I also recommend Jim Lancaster. We hunted with him 3 years ago at Copper River in their Binta Lake camp. He also does hunts in the NWT where they take larger bulls.
How did you do? Did you see a lot of bulls and what size bulls? Looking to do a moose hunt up there. Would you book with him again? Thanks.

I went last fall with Gunson Guiding and Outfitting. Horseback and hiking hunt in far northern B.C. Had a great time and took a 60 inch moose.

toddg

FNG
Hunted with Cassiar Stone Outfitters in 2016. Had a great hunt and saw lots of game. I have heard there is a new owner of CSO so I'm not sure if/how things have changed. Definitely an area I would like to hunt again with the right outfitter.

OP
MuleyFever
I went last fall with Gunson Guiding and Outfitting. Horseback and hiking hunt in far northern B.C. Had a great time and took a 60 inch moose.

Been emailing Jake. One thing I dont like is the way he charges for the 2nd animal. I think he is the only one I have talked to so far that charges extra up front. I think the other outfitters I have been looking at just charge a trophy fee if you kill a 2nd animal. I will have to check my notes.

If you dont mind talking about your hunt please PM me your number.

Been emailing Jake. One thing I dont like is the way he charges for the 2nd animal. I think he is the only one I have talked to so far that charges extra up front. I think the other outfitters I have been looking at just charge a trophy fee if you kill a 2nd animal. I will have to check my notes.

If you dont mind talking about your hunt please PM me your number.

Guess I dont have enough posts to be allowed to send a PM....... [email protected]

toddg

FNG
When I hunted with Cassiar Stone Outfitters, Jake was my second choice. He was very responsive to my emails and phone calls. He even followed up with me after my hunt to see how it went. Even though it didn't work out back then, I would give him serious consideration if I were to hunt in northern BC again.

bradb

WKR
Could not ask for no more from the hunt i had with Gundahoo river outfitters.
Would hunt with them again in a second

Last edited:

Harveyb

FNG
How did you do? Did you see a lot of bulls and what size bulls? Looking to do a moose hunt up there. Would you book with him again? Thanks.
We took 4 bulls in 2 days for 4 hunters. 1 small bull, 1 real nice one and 2 medium size bulls for the area. Not a trophy bull area, but a fun hunt. After filling out our tags we hunted grouse and fished for a few days. Great outfitter, nice camp and good food.

Moose10

FNG
I’m going to give Pelly Lake Outfitters a try for moose/goat or possibly mountain caribou in 2021. Have any of you been there?
I have been looking at going with pelly lake outfitters for a 2022 moose hunt. It would be great to hear about your experience with them once you go.