Northern California Quality Hunting Boot Retailer?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m looking to buy some new hunting boots and want to try a few different brands on my feet before buying. Looking to find a distributor who would maybe have a few different brands (crispi, kennetrec, etc)?

I’m near Sacramento and the north Bay Area pretty easily. Don’t mind driving a couple hundred miles for the right store.
Thanks!

Sportsman’s Warehouse carries Kenetrek, other than that we don’t have much in our area. KUIU does have the Scarpa boots at their showroom in Dixon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddie63

WKR
Sportsman warehouse near me(San Jose) has Kennetrek and Zamberlin. Maybe th store in Sac has more options.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Sportsman warehouse near me(San Jose) has Kennetrek and Zamberlin. Maybe th store in Sac has more options.

San Jose and Sac take about the same amount of time to travel for me. I'll call both stores and see what they have. I finally have some time this weekend (getting rained out of hunting/shooting on Saturday) so I was going to make a trip somewhere. Does anyone know if Bass Pro carries any of the quality brands these days, now that they are owned by Cabela's? I have a Bass pro about 35 min away and my son loves going there so I could kill two birds with one stone and give the wife half a day to relax.

I gave up trying to buy boots at a store, much less even try them on. I order my work and hunting boots on line now. Danner has a real good shipping policy and free returns.

I purchased an anodyne foot measuring device on ebay, if you have kids, I highly recommend getting one. Some brands are true to size and you get great results when ordering online.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t recall exactly which boot companies attend sheep show in Reno but I know several do. You might be able to look up booths online to see which manufacture attend and if your interested in those ones you would be able to try them on. They often offer “show specials” as well. Show itself is pretty fun anyway and good reason to get get away with family.

I live near sac too, You should go to Reno and visit Scheels, they allow you to return them used if they do not work out. They sell Crispi and kennetrek if I remember correctly. You could kill 2 birds and just go to the sheep show there and see a ton of gear

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I don’t recall exactly which boot companies attend sheep show in Reno but I know several do. You might be able to look up booths online to see which manufacture attend and if your interested in those ones you would be able to try them on. They often offer “show specials” as well. Show itself is pretty fun anyway and good reason to get get away with family.

I like this idea! Reno is only about 3 hours drive.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I live near sac too, You should go to Reno and visit Scheels, they allow you to return them used if they do not work out. They sell Crispi and kennetrek if I remember correctly. You could kill 2 birds and just go to the sheep show there and see a ton of gear

I've been to the Scheels in Fargo, Bismarck, and Billings. Loved them all. Haven't been to the one in Reno yet. I think I'm going to have to make a trip.

Another vote for Scheels if you’re willing to make the drive. Cabelas doesn’t carry their Meindl boots anymore so they’re out. There is a Sportmans warehouse in Rocklin that Is not that far of a detour.

amassi

WKR
REI Carrie's lowa
Sportsmans has kennetrek and zamberlan

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Scheels is the way to go as long as 80 is not stacked up with snow and bad drivers. Head up in the morning when everyone in the valley is heading to the bay, hit Scheels and get your boots, stop at Jacks at the Tracks in Truckee for lunch on the way back, then be home before the evening commute heads the other way or chokes up the Sac area. Go during the week. Piece of cake.