Northern California

Wolf13

FNG
Been lurking for a bit and decided to join. Grew up hunting ducks, but want to get into big game hunting. Gone on a few trips with family where we mostly road hunted in California. Hardest part for me right now is not having either someone to learn from directly nor a hunting partner. As the saying goes "you don't know what you don't know", and I don't know a lot!

jfs82

WKR
Welcome, Same boat as you this time last year. Still no clue what Im doing but I'm hooked! Where in NorCal?

OP
W

Wolf13

FNG
Welcome, Same boat as you this time last year. Still no clue what Im doing but I'm hooked! Where in NorCal?
Sacramento area. Going to Montana this year for a guided rifle mule deer hunt. Would really like to start doing at least one DIY trip a year. I backpack/hike so to me this is a natural progression of combining two things I enjoy into one. Have a lot of vacation so that is helpful. Eyeing a Roosevelt Oregon trip next year; even if I see nothing trip would be awesome. Can’t just learn by sitting around, but also don’t want to go out and do everything wrong.