Northern Caribou

gearguywb

WKR
Always wanted to hunt caribou. Looking toward next year.

Wife will either go as an athletic supporter or hunt as well

I always watched the shows of hunting the tundra of Canada, with many places offering 2 tags.

Anyone done that type of trip? Thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!

soggybtmboys

Lil-Rokslider
Always wanted to hunt caribou. Looking toward next year.

Wife will either go as an athletic supporter or hunt as well

I always watched the shows of hunting the tundra of Canada, with many places offering 2 tags.

Anyone done that type of trip? Thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!
If plan on an Alaskan caribou hunt as opposed to Quebec. The Canadians shut down caribou hunting in Quebec where alot of those 2 bull hunts were filmed.

Go to Alaska, have your wife hunt too, start planning now and calling transporters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If Alaska is what your looking at you need to start planning NOW!! We have fewer and fewer transporters every year and the good ones book up very early. Alaska had 5-7 herds from which to choose and there are + and - for each. Flight costs are on the rise so expect to pay in the 3100$ per hunter range. Find a good outfitting service who will assist you with the process, consider what kind of hunt you want, Flaot or Drop and then choose your dates..

Walt
Northwestalaska.net

VernAK

WKR
I think most of the two caribou hunts are about gone as many herds have declined. Many of the questions on this site revolve around getting ONE caribou home without breaking the bank.

The demand for fly-in hunts far exceeds the supply so I'd suggest digging through the threads on this site for ideas.

I don't know of a better site nor better members to help you with a caribou hunt especially in Alaska. Walt as Northwestalaska is familiar with that area and Larry Bartlett is our float trip expert.

Go for it!