Northern Idaho whitetail hunting

idahoan

FNG
Hello guys. I am from southeastern idaho and am looking for a trade. I would share elk or mule deer information for southeast idaho for information about whitetail hunting in the northern idaho units in November. I am looking at units 14,15,16, 18, 11, 11a, 8. I would rather do PM and not over the forum for the world to see. Anyone want to talk let me know. I have bowhunted and rifle hunted for over 25 years for elk and mule deer in southeast idaho and have some pretty good knowledge of the area.

Ripalip7

FNG
I think that a good place to start would be the harvest satistics on the idaho fish and game web site. But I have hunted some of those units in the past and my personal opinion is that a great buck can come out of any of those units. I think the potential for bigger bucks are in the more remote units but you most likely will see alot less deer.

OP
I

idahoan

FNG
Thanks. That is good to hear. I have done a ton of research since I posted that question and all I need to do now is show up. I actually got very little help on this forum which I was surprised by. I found more information from my friends and colleagues that hunt in and live around here.

Ripalip7

FNG
Yeah, I would say with most OTC units people are going to be tight lipped about it. But I am glad you got some better info from friends. Good luck on your hunt

SWOHTR

WKR
Whitetail on the Palouse are NOT hard to come by!

Attachments

• 6AE44D38-0C22-4CEA-A821-E1520FF1F1CB.jpeg
    6AE44D38-0C22-4CEA-A821-E1520FF1F1CB.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 8379E941-BE4D-4FFA-A87B-68F7BD33D7CC.jpeg
    8379E941-BE4D-4FFA-A87B-68F7BD33D7CC.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 70

SWOHTR

WKR
Are you a SWO? I’m a retired airdale. Flew hawkeyes for 20 years and retired in north Idaho.
I am. I did my shore tour at the NROTC Unit in Moscow. Now I’m in San Diego, doing my first DH tour as CHENG on a DDG. Just hit 9.5 years.

I loved my shore tour up there and can’t wait to go back. Have a friend who just got out, he was the aviator at the unit and flew C2s.

-Joe

Gfmize

FNG
I am. I did my shore tour at the NROTC Unit in Moscow. Now I’m in San Diego, doing my first DH tour as CHENG on a DDG. Just hit 9.5 years.

I loved my shore tour up there and can’t wait to go back. Have a friend who just got out, he was the aviator at the unit and flew C2s.

-Joe
I did two tours in San Dog. One at Miramar when it was still a Navy base And one at Spawar Point Loma. All the rest overseas. Thanks for serving and we’ll still be here when you get back to Idaho. Love it here.