Northern MI

Nevvon

FNG
Hello Everyone, I am rather new to the forum. I have been on several times and only recently started posting. I am in the Gaylord area in Northern Michigan. Like all Michiganders if I could show you my hand I would point to a spot close to the top knuckle of the middle finger to show you where Gaylord is. haha. I spend most of time hunting, fishing, or sailing.
Dave

jd30069

FNG
Welcome - nice area Gaylord - near our deer camp - Off Twin Lakes Rd - 2 wk tent camp - 25 years. Not great deer but great times

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Was just up in your neck of the woods grouse hunting. Should have packed my shorts and baitcasting rods as it was HOTTTT!!! Beautiful country nonetheless.

OP
Nevvon

Nevvon

FNG
Was just up in your neck of the woods grouse hunting. Should have packed my shorts and baitcasting rods as it was HOTTTT!!! Beautiful country nonetheless.
My wife and I spent #publiclandsday2019 fly fishing the Pigeon River and it was so cold we had to keep moving to stop from freezing in the water. This year has been crazy for weather. Most days have been very mild, with a few amazingly hot ones. Only used AC two days this year! I am looking foward to some grouse hunting this year!

OP
Nevvon

Nevvon

FNG
Welcome - nice area Gaylord - near our deer camp - Off Twin Lakes Rd - 2 wk tent camp - 25 years. Not great deer but great times
I was actually thinking of moving my archery deer hunt over to that area this year. I normally hunt near the east branch of the black river, but over the last few years the other predators have been running them out of their!

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Dave. Just joined. Our camp is near the Black this year. We were in
the Sturgeon valley for years.

OP
Nevvon

Nevvon

FNG
Hello Dave. Just joined. Our camp is near the Black this year. We were in
the Sturgeon valley for years.
Very cool! I just spent a rainy Friday afternoon on that side of the area. Saw four and spooked one through some really thick brush. The weather is horrible right now, but that is part of the hunt!