Northwest Wyoming

Kodiak

FNG
Sounds good to me. I think spring bear or shed hunt is a good idea. I am open just about anything.

OP
kbaerg

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking more Spring time as well. I have gotten busy here the last few weeks with scouting trips and other things going on.

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a little late to the party as usual but I live in Cody as well. I will try to follow this thread if anything gets going in the future.

OP
kbaerg

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
No one is late to the party:D ,plans are still in the making for a spring meet up/ hunt. Just getting some locations dialed in.

Beckjhong

WKR
I should be up in Cody by March or April. Would love to meet up and do some hiking/scouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
kbaerg

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
Plans are still in the making. We have a few places in mind. I have been very busy over the winter with other priorities and getting reviews done and hunts filled. We are looking into the Big Horns, and up in the Beartooth range. I am hoping to also have myself a seek outside shelter or something different for the spring/summer.

Kodiak

FNG
I found a decent boar black bear in unit 25 west of Cody last spring the day after season closed. I have killed a few of bears and don’t really need to kill another one but if there were a few guys that wanted to go look for him I would be we could turn him up this spring. I would be happy to help a guy find him and pack him out.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’m hoping to be in Wyoming around the middle of May. Was headed south west of Jackson, but no definite plans yet. Just looking to start our retirement. Making new friends and a spring bear hunt would be a good start.

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
I’m hoping to be in Wyoming around the middle of May. Was headed south west of Jackson, but no definite plans yet. Just looking to start our retirement. Making new friends and a spring bear hunt would be a good start.
There is great spring bear hunting in that general area. I will be in Africa 4/20-5/10 so I'm going to miss out on most of bear season unfortunately

I'm definitely down for bear hunt around Cody after today. Seems to be pretty difficult to bait after talking to some folks about were I wanted to try. Even if it's just a bunch of us sitting around glassing that be cool haha. I've never killed a bear by time I had residency last year I wasn't able to put in for bait sites.

If anyone needs or wants help setting up bait sites i more than happy to help just for the experience and knowledge gained.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Beckjhong

WKR
I’ll bump this. Anyone looking for an extra body on a hunt?

OP
kbaerg

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys, I want your input. Area 25 is north of Cody and 26 is south of Cody. this is grizz country so camp setups will have to reflect this (Clean camp, food storage). Area's 1-4 are in the Big Horns East of Cody, not much if any grizz there :unsure: (yet) . Areas 1-4 tend to fill quotas fast, 25-26 fill slower but require more work. I am not picky myself which area's we are at. What I need to know is what type of camp most of you are planning to bring ie: tent, trailer, the back of your vehicle. this will help me in narrowing specific areas look at.

Beckjhong

WKR
25-26 is good with me. Tent. Likely won’t drop cash for a nonresident tag this year.