Nosler brass

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with Nosler brass? Thoughts?

I just had my 300 win mag rebarreled kinda want to start with fresh brass. I’d like to wait on the Lapua 300wm brass but the way this year is going there is no telling when it may come out.

I've used Nosler brass in .308 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor. It is decent brass but not worth the price in my opinion. For the 300 WM, I have heard great things about ADG brass.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
I bought 100 .300 win mag cases (2 boxes) somewhat recently when they were $75 each, now they're $100 each retail from what I could find. I needed to resize all of them as only a handful had round necks. OAL was within .005 for the 100, I trimmed all of them to the shortest one. Many were within .001 but a few outliers raised that a bit. For being advertised as ready to load that was a lot of work before I could put a primer in them. It's all I could find so I'll live with it. I would've preferred to buy ADG, Lapua, or Peterson if it was available.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I quit using it. I just didn't find that the quality justified the price. I found it required slightly less prep than Hornady, but a lot more than Norma or Lapua.

tdhanses

WKR
If you load hot it won’t last long from my experience, I much prefer ADG.

MThuntr

WKR
I'm using Gunwerks (aka ADG)

Only other choices I'd consider are ADG or Peterson.

Keep pressures reasonable and it is good brass, even if expensive. Nearly fully prepped new so that is nice. In the current environment, buy what you can get your hands on. There's a lot worse than Nosler, imo.

I got a bunch in 7mm Rem Mag its of mid quality. Better than Hornady, Rem and WW, but just marginally.

Trying a bunch of Norma in 375 H&H see how it goes

N2TRKYS

WKR
Norma/Nosler makes great brass. Lapua is ok brass, if it’s on sale. Remington brass was my first choice for my SAUM, but Norma/Nosler is a close second.

gbflyer

WKR
Many of the cartridges Nosler sells brass for is made by Norma.

Lapua good on sale? Yes it is. Very good. It’s good when it’s not on sale too.

gbflyer

WKR
I haven’t seen much difference in it than other brass. Definitely not worth it to me when full price.

There is no Remington brass on the line at a benchrest match. Lapua is the norm. We may not see a difference in our hunting guns, that’s for sure.

N2TRKYS

WKR
There is no Remington brass on the line at a benchrest match. Lapua is the norm. We may not see a difference in our hunting guns, that’s for sure.

I can’t help what others do. I’ve seen no difference in accuracy, prep work for virgin brass, or the amount of loadings I get. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Many of the cartridges Nosler sells brass for is made by Norma.

Lapua good on sale? Yes it is. Very good. It’s good when it’s not on sale too.
I think Nosler is now making most if not all their own brass. In the past it was outsourced and I had also heard much of it was Norma. Bought some Nosler 270Win ammo that was probably old stock and the fired brass weighed exactly the same as Norma 270Win brass. Bought some newer stock 270Win ammo at SPS and the fired Brass was 20 grains heavier. My rifle has a very tight chamber and had a few split necks on the factory ammo on the first firing. I have been a huge Nosler fan for 40 plus years but would not pay what they are asking for their current production brass unless it was all I could find. Just my take.
Steve