Nosler Long Range Carbon?

OP
C

CP312

FNG
I've only had it's on 2 hunts so far, but it seems to work okay.

Manners EH1
RCM action
Hell's canyon barrel
Trigger tech
Evo pod now (atlas in picture)
Swarovski x5 3.5x18
Hawkins bottom metal and rings
8b1a426d331d3d4f332abb2434efe505.jpg
0a96ef18ea113391eea6a1dbcbab3f17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d say it’s doing alright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
Just gonna throw this out there, take it for whatever worth you want because it seems like you’ve already leaned heavily towards a build, but...... I have a Nosler M48 LRC in 6.5 Creedmoor and with Hornady 143 ELD-X ammo it shoots a three round group of 0.27” at 100 yards. I do not care that the rifle has a short box mag length because I don’t reload, nor will I ever with a factory rifle shooting factory ammo that good. I don’t have any experience with 28 Nosler in the M48 LRC, so I guess results may vary from what I have experienced. I also got mine a decent amount below MSRP and have been extremely pleased with it.

OP
C

CP312

FNG
Just gonna throw this out there, take it for whatever worth you want because it seems like you’ve already leaned heavily towards a build, but...... I have a Nosler M48 LRC in 6.5 Creedmoor and with Hornady 143 ELD-X ammo it shoots a three round group of 0.27” at 100 yards. I do not care that the rifle has a short box mag length because I don’t reload, nor will I ever with a factory rifle shooting factory ammo that good. I don’t have any experience with 28 Nosler in the M48 LRC, so I guess results may vary from what I have experienced. I also got mine a decent amount below MSRP and have been extremely pleased with it.

Thanks Mark, that is really good info. I figured that version would be significantly better with a proof barrel. I do reload but if it shoots that good and I can get it for $2,500 vs over $4,000 that’s definitely something to think about.

reko1985

FNG
Check out Western Precision Rifles and JCS Composite Stocks. Awesome build with custom load development. Get the cartridge you want they will make it shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
I've only had it's on 2 hunts so far, but it seems to work okay.

Manners EH1
RCM action
Hell's canyon barrel
Trigger tech
Evo pod now (atlas in picture)
Swarovski x5 3.5x18
Hawkins bottom metal and rings
Built by precise rifle solutions
8b1a426d331d3d4f332abb2434efe505.jpg
0a96ef18ea113391eea6a1dbcbab3f17.jpg

How's that scope your running? I'm looking at that one for my Snowy Mtn .300WSM

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
C

CP312

FNG
For those interested I made a decision and went with a fully custom rifle.

AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock in Brown Widow
Kelbly Atlas Action
Triggertech trigger
26” Proof Research carbon fiber barrel chambered in 28 Nosler
Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52.

WRO

WKR
How's that scope your running? I'm looking at that one for my Snowy Mtn .300WSM

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Best long range hunting scope that i've used.

Ryan Avery runs one too.

BigLost

FNG
Thanks Mark, that is really good info. I figured that version would be significantly better with a proof barrel. I do reload but if it shoots that good and I can get it for $2,500 vs over $4,000 that’s definitely something to think about.

Now you guys have me wondering where the heck you're scoring these sweet deals! Haha.

TeamPoi

FNG
Anyone looking into a lightweight setup, definitely take a few minutes to check out Snowy MTN Rifles. Great group, and guarantees 1/2 MOA with all their rifles.

Lightweight.jpg

FURMAN

WKR
Hey guys,

I’m fairly new to the long range hunting game but have hunted my whole life. I’ve recently decided I want a carbon wrapped barrel on a rifle I plan to use for some long range shooting/hunting(I’m thinking in 28 Nosler). To be clear this is more of a want than a need. While looking at various options I came across the new Nosler M48 Long Range Carbon but I can’t find any first hand reviews other than people just rattling off the specs. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of one of these? I can get it a good bit under MSRP I believe so I’m very interested in that price point. I have another Nosler rifle in 26 Nosler and it’s been great.

Any help is appreciated!

I’d steer clear the mag box is 3.4” in the “long” actions. Countless better options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ill tell you what beats that swaro 3.5-18x50, a March 2.5-25x52. Had both. Kept the march.

Not if you want to use a reticle for wind holds. 25x is way too high.

Is the parallax crazy finicky like the 3-24x52s? My 3-24 wasn't impressive optically at 24x either, maybe the SFP scopes are better in that regard.

FURMAN

WKR
I have held wind at 22x before with zero problem. I was just discussing this with someone today. I have never had a problem. I have never noticed what people are talking about with the parallax on the March. Mine is the 2.5-25x52. I have yet to sit down and compare the glass to my x5 but I can tell you it does not leave me wanting.