Nosler LRAB

CMuehl

FNG
Does anyone have experience with Nosler Long Range Accubond bullets? Nosler claims a minimum expansion velocity of 1300fps. I've read that they might grenade at high velocities since they're so soft. I was planning on using the 142gr in 6.5 Creedmoor so the velocities wouldn't be that high. I was planning on using them on deer/antelope out to around 600yds.

Wrench

WKR
They can be a pain in the butt....and are about the last choice I'd make in 6.5. It will pay to call the ballistitian if you have any trouble getting groups. I have had very accurate rifles not shoot them well....until I spoke to nosler. Apparently they have a odd way of slugging up in the bore and will do best in heavily worn throats. It took me a stiff crimp and lots of patience to get them to work as well as others.

Imo the most underrated high bc 6.5 140 class pill is the match burner. I've planted several elk with them. A couple with impact velocity in the 1500pfs neck of the woods. That elk just fell over dead.

Only one animal on the ground, but 129gr LRAB out of a 12.5" grendel pistol was lights out for my antelope this year at 138yds.
2" exit and insides like a blender got cut loose... im a believer.
I use regular nab's in a high percentage of all my other higher horse power rigs, so i may be biased.

EastMT

WKR
26 Nos, 142gr LRAB factory. Grenaded on high shoulder at 414 yds, right under the skin of a goat so bad didn’t even make it into the body cavity. Will not use again if they donate them to me. Now in a slow rifle like grendel, maybe.......but I’m jaded at this point.

Evergreen

WKR
I've using them in my CM and they have performed just fine. Sub moa to moa out to 600. Killed deer from 140 to 540 with consistent pass throughs. My wife also shot her buck last year at 135 slight quarter away but dropped him in his tracks. Recovered that bullet in front of the far shoulder just under the hide. You're going to get replies on both sides of the spectrum, it's just how it is. Coop had/has the same experience and bad taste from ABLRs as I have with ELDX. I wont even look at a box that says eldx.

EastMT

WKR
I've using them in my CM and they have performed just fine. Sub moa to moa out to 600. Killed deer from 140 to 540 with consistent pass throughs. My wife also shot her buck last year at 135 slight quarter away but dropped him in his tracks. Recovered that bullet in front of the far shoulder just under the hide. You're going to get replies on both sides of the spectrum, it's just how it is. Coop had/has the same experience and bad taste from ABLRs as I have with ELDX. I wont even look at a box that says eldx.

Yes sir, I think with all bullets that either expand at high speeds or need high speeds to expand you will have this issue. I’ve went off the rails myself, I now have about 4000 Nosler Partitions tips and refuse to use anything else, heck I’m even trying to make 60gr PT shoot in my 223!

I just gave up after all the failures I’ve read about, the ones of mine. I’m done experimenting, but hey it’s cheaper not experimenting with every new bullet!

Kotaman

WKR
I’ve killed a few deer with them out of my 28 Nosler and just about every one of them exploded bad, even at 450 yards. They shoot fantastic but I have a hard time using them on game anymore.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think the LRAB is going to expand a lot on a coyote. It's a bonded bullet so unless you hit bone goon in it my just punch through. It'll kill him just fine but not open up a lot of think. If and when it does open up you won't have much coyote left though. I've shot the 150s quite a bit between 100 and 1000 yards from a .270. I can tell you from my experience the BC is closer to the .560-575 range based on what it took to get my gun dialed in at long range.