Sold Nosler M48 Custom Shop Rifle in 270WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nosler M48 Custom Shop Rifle in 270WSM caliber. This is an early custom built in 2005-2010 time period when the Custom Shop rifles were truly one-off rifles built in their custom shop. I called Nosler a few months ago to inquire about it, gave the tech rep the serial number, and he said, “you own the highest-quality rifle Nosler has ever produced.” That put a smile on my face. Features include:

24” match-grade barrel
Trued M48 action
Carbon-Kevlar stock in onyx grey that weighs 26.0 ounces
Pillar bedded
Timney trigger
Gray Cerakote on all metal parts.

Don’t be fooled by people telling you they have an M48 Custom. It is probably a Trophy Grade which is a recent, higher-end M48 production rifle. Or maybe they’ve had a gunsmith work on it and now call it a “custom.” If the rifle doesn’t have the “NC” script on the floorplate, it’s not a custom shop rifle.

The rifle with stock and Talley Lightweights weighs 6 lbs. 8.7 ounces. It shoots ¾” MOA with factory ammo. I don’t reload so its potential hasn’t been explored. Round count is less than 50. I had an issue with the anchor for the buttstock sling stud getting loose in the stock. I sent the stock to Nosler and they repaired the anchor and repainted the entire stock. Condition: The stock is perfect. There is one small shiny spot in the Cerakote about 2” from the muzzle. That’s the only blemish in the metal. It looks new in the hand. The trigger guard/floorplate assembly is made of steel, not aluminum. Nosler went for quality over lightweight when they built this rifle. The Talleys are 30mm mediums and are included.

$1,900 shipped from an individual to your FFL. I accept Paypal FnF and USPS money orders for payment. The rifle is cross-posted so timestamp prevails. Drop me a PM if you have any questions, need more pics, etc. No trades. I’m saving up for a boat. Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_7739.JPGIMG_7751.JPGIMG_7738.JPGIMG_7741.JPGIMG_7745.JPGIMG_7748.JPGIMG_7746.JPGIMG_7749.JPGIMG_7752.JPGIMG_7744.JPG

Last edited:

hodgeman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free plug to Keith...I've got the same rifle in 300WSM from 2006. It's my favorite rifle and I've got hundreds of days of hunting with it and taken dozens of animals.

$1900 is an excellent deal for this rifle and will likely become your favorite.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an identical one in the same caliber. I do not reload and shoot factory ammo. I can put 3 in the same hole with Remington core lokt at a 100 yards but I not impressed with the BC of that bullet so usually use Hornady PH ammo but the accuracy falls to about 1/2 MOA at a 100. Easily top three of my most accurate rifles the other two are Seekins and Cooper. Good luck with your sale!

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks Hodgeman and Outhunting. These are awesome rifles. I really hate to sell it. But I'm buying a house in 3 weeks in a neighborhood built around a 160-acre lake that's an incredible fishery. So I need to shed a few toys to buy a boat. Yes $1,900 is a helluva deal!

Keith

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I removed the bottom metal so I could get a good measurement on it, but I don't have calipers. With my tape that reads to 1/16", the magazine was dead on 2-7/8" or 2.875". Hope this helps.

Keith

IMG_7791.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.