Nosler Model 21

That’s wildly strange. Is the bolt being held back by the floor plate? Is it that stiff through the entire range of motion? Again you can see in the video where they jostle the rifle and the bolt is open and it literally slides an inch forward just from barely being touched, that’s how mine is. Mine is actually smoother than any of my Tikkas, what is interesting though is mine is tight on tolerances, So much so that the bolts bluing has started to wear in a few spots, it seems like you’re tolerances are maybe even tighter than mine causing it to be that stiff. Just thinking out loud.
Yes bolt is contacting follower. It’s smooth with floor plate open

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Update:

I had a brief conversation with CS from Nosler regarding my feed issues. It appears that there has been another 6.5 PRC who reported the same issue. Soooo.... it’s not a one off unfortunately. I’ll wait until we finish our conversation tomorrow and update further, but I’m concerned now that there is an issue that may be more than a tweak. I’ll stop with any speculation and wait until I’ve got facts. I just wanted to share what I’ve learned as I learn it.

Mine came in today. The Stock is textured. Not smooth at all. The fit and finish seems good. Lot of good components used on this rifle. Shilen barrel, Mack brothers action, trigger tech, ag composite stock and wyatts box. Mine weighs 6lbs 15.7 ounces chambered in a 28 nosler. Gotta figure out the scope situation. Kinda leaning towards a zeiss v6 3-18x50. And ring setup still not sure on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The stock is McMillan hunters edge 24 oz

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Well Be350ka, you are not alone. My 6.5 PRC will not pick up the second round from the box magazine when I do a full load of 3 rounds.

You analyzed it well. The second round is binding at the shoulders of the 3rd round that is at the bottom of the stack. None of them will move up in the box magazine. The follower is stamped whites PRC, just seems like the geometry of the follower and the box magazine itself is the cause of the hang up.

When this occurs you can rock the second round back and forth at the shoulder of the case by pushing of the bullet or the rim of the cartridge.

Here is the best pictures I could get of it.

Edit to add- ammo tested is 6.5 PRC 147 Hornady Match.

Attachments

• 6C523B2A-DA2B-42F6-A183-026D308C2846.jpeg
    6C523B2A-DA2B-42F6-A183-026D308C2846.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 45
  • 162C8874-287B-4127-8E8F-96FF20D5A1AE.jpeg
    162C8874-287B-4127-8E8F-96FF20D5A1AE.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Well Be350ka, you are not alone. My 6.5 PRC will not pick up the second round from the box magazine when I do a full load of 3 rounds.

You analyzed it well. The second round is binding at the shoulders of the 3rd round that is at the bottom of the stack. None of them will move up in the box magazine. The follower is stamped whites PRC, just seems like the geometry of the follower and the box magazine itself is the cause of the hang up.

When this occurs you can rock the second round back and forth at the shoulder of the case by pushing of the bullet or the rim of the cartridge.

Here is the best pictures I could get of it.
100% the same as mine. Did you contact CS about this? You have the third 6.5 prc with this issue that I’ve heard of.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
100% the same as mine. Did you contact CS about this? You have the third 6.5 prc with this issue that I’ve heard of.

I got my ammo tonight at 5:30 and completed my testing by 6:30 and posted this immediately after. I guess I will be calling CS tomorrow. Really strange that it made it out of the factory. I did notice my follower picked up quite a bit of brass color when cycling the rounds. It was perfectly clean when I received it. I have not run a patch through the barrel but I “assumed” it would have been test fired from the factory.

I guess the bright side is I already got a deer for the year.

kipper09

WKR
I got my ammo tonight at 5:30 and completed my testing by 6:30 and posted this immediately after. I guess I will be calling CS tomorrow. Really strange that it made it out of the factory. I did notice my follower picked up quite a bit of brass color when cycling the rounds. It was perfectly clean when I received it. I have not run a patch through the barrel but I “assumed” it would have been test fired from the factory.

I guess the bright side is I already got a deer for the year.

If I ever have any 28 nosler ammo I’ll let you know if mine feeds or not. Don’t hold your breath waiting on me. That 28 nosler ammo is pretty much nonexistent it seems

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
You mi
If I ever have any 28 nosler ammo I’ll let you know if mine feeds or not. Don’t hold your breath waiting on me. That 28 nosler ammo is pretty much nonexistent it seems

I hope it isn’t a widespread issue. It’s really strange how the back of the rounds will hang below the bolt face but a touch on the shoulder area of the next round will often (not always) allow things to align for a good feed. It’s only a problem with the round on the left of the box. I had one round start to feed and then it dipped to allow the bolt to override it. Had I been in the “moment” and loading for a follow up shot the bolt face would have made HEAVY contact with the case below the shoulder. Likely rendering the round unsafe to use.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider

LOL but once you do shoot it you’ll have the best hot rod around! I know what you mean on ammo. I struggle paying $4 per round, let alone some higher priced stuff!

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
LOL but once you do shoot it you’ll have the best hot rod around! I know what you mean on ammo. I struggle paying $4 per round, let alone some higher priced stuff!
I’m in it for the long haul. I’ve been able to acquire some PRC ammo and loading supplies. The dies, case guage and others loading crap is on the way. This round intrigues me, so I’m committed.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
You mi

I hope it isn’t a widespread issue. It’s really strange how the back of the rounds will hang below the bolt face but a touch on the shoulder area of the next round will often (not always) allow things to align for a good feed. It’s only a problem with the round on the left of the box. I had one round start to feed and then it dipped to allow the bolt to override it. Had I been in the “moment” and loading for a follow up shot the bolt face would have made HEAVY contact with the case below the shoulder. Likely rendering the round unsafe to use.

Interesting, mine binds up much harder than that, a single push of the finger would not release the pressure of the bind. Mine is under enough pressure that it can literally rock back and forth on the hinge point which is the bind at the shoulder location.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, mine binds up much harder than that, a single push of the finger would not release the pressure of the bind. Mine is under enough pressure that it can literally rock back and forth on the hinge point which is the bind at the shoulder location.
Mine does the rocking on the shoulder 90% of the time. If I pushed straight down on the shoulder of the rocking round it would allow the back of the follower to move to a more upward position. This is where it could, and did, INITIALLY pick up a round to feed but then dipped again causing a case to be overridden by the bolt while at a ~30* angle headed toward the chamber.

You are 100% correct in that there seems to be a bind in the shoulder area. And it almost seems like the action is where it binds against.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
On a side note. It might be worth checking to see if your dealer sourced your rifle from Davidson’s. Their lifetime guarantee is helpful. Mine was sent back to them and they take it from there. If one was in stock they would have sent it, but I’m skeptical that anything would be different. So, we will see what happens from here. All I know is that we all have a pile of money tied up in a rifle that works like a 1+1. 33% of what was advertised. 😜

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
On a side note. It might be worth checking to see if your dealer sourced your rifle from Davidson’s. Their lifetime guarantee is helpful. Mine was sent back to them and they take it from there. If one was in stock they would have sent it, but I’m skeptical that anything would be different. So, we will see what happens from here. All I know is that we all have a pile of money tied up in a rifle that works like a 1+1. 33% of what was advertised. 😜
And Davidson’s told me in the past that if you send it to the manufacturer that they are out of it. Not worth losing that protection if at all possible.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Update:

I spoke with Nosler today and they are very interested in these feed issues. Like I said before, how this situation is handled from here will leave an impression. I have to say that their concern and communication to this point has been good.

They want these rifles back to see exactly what is going on. It was said that feeding is tested before leaving the factory, but that leaves me a little puzzled since the issue appeared on my first attempt.

As always, I’ll update when I hear more.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Update:

I spoke with Nosler today and they are very interested in these feed issues. Like I said before, how this situation is handled from here will leave an impression. I have to say that their concern and communication to this point has been good.

They want these rifles back to see exactly what is going on. It was said that feeding is tested before leaving the factory, but that leaves me a little puzzled since the issue appeared on my first attempt.

As always, I’ll update when I hear more.
Thank you so much for keeping us posted. I'm glad that I was a bit slow on pulling the trigger, but I won't count out the model just yet.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
It seems like there is a huge opportunity for someone (anyone!) to build a rifle that retails for $2,000 or less and:

1. Test fire to ensure whatever accuracy guarantee is advertised and enclose target
2. Load the magazine and cycle all rounds in the course of the above

The only company I know that does #1 is Cooper, but those rifles are over $2,000.

Why is this so hard? Do they just not want to pay an extra salary and have the required range space? Seems like paying the CS people and the return work from the smiths would be the same cost, if not more.....why not just do it right the first time...smh

amassi

WKR
It seems like there is a huge opportunity for someone (anyone!) to build a rifle that retails for $2,000 or less and:

1. Test fire to ensure whatever accuracy guarantee is advertised and enclose target
2. Load the magazine and cycle all rounds in the course of the above

The only company I know that does #1 is Cooper, but those rifles are over $2,000.

Why is this so hard? Do they just not want to pay an extra salary and have the required range space? Seems like paying the CS people and the return work from the smiths would be the same cost, if not more.....why not just do it right the first time...smh
What's crazy is all the threads on here of customs showing up with these same issues from renowned gunsmiths.
Also- never buy first gen new release rifles.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
So I had a very good conversation with Nosler. This is something that they are very much committed to correcting. From my prespective it is an inconvenience at best. I do wonder how it made it through QC, but I am a root cause nerd though.