Nosler Model 21

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
@JEFFERSONPET @Knoxp, you guys hear anything further yet?
Not a word via email or phone. My rifle has been in their hands since 12/29/21. I was emailed on 12/30 saying it was in hand. I replied and asked when the others had arrived. I was told one the day before me (assume Jeff, and the other the same day as mine assume yours Wapiti)

Last edited:
@JEFFERSONPET @Knoxp, you guys hear anything further yet?
Not a dang thing other than what I have posted. Last email was monday. I don’t care if they are small or it’s covid or whatever. They made a really dumb mistake and will not say sorry, or own you to it or how and when they are going to fix it. My take away is this. They don’t care or they don’t know any better. I asked very specific questions on Monday and was told those questions would be asked to management and the owner and David would get back. Nothing.

So I heard back 630pm eastern after I sent another email and like the last one was basically told nothing! It appears that David is waiting for a decision from up top to be made. According the last email and this one they are aware of the problem. I’ll attach the email below. The PR response he is mentioning was because I told him they made a defective product, didn’t test it and then sold it and that I couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t take any ownership of the problem much less give us a time line or an option to exchange or money back. I’ll give it a few more days before I take a scorched earth route.

Attachments

• 23FFAC98-F370-4B09-BDA2-6C431BA40833.png
    23FFAC98-F370-4B09-BDA2-6C431BA40833.png
    338.7 KB · Views: 53

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Since my rifle has been in their hands for nearly 3 weeks with no update I figured it was time to touch base. I called and left a VM with David. I know it’s full Shot Show this week so they are likely all dealing with that.

I’ll post when and if I hear back.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Since my rifle has been in their hands for nearly 3 weeks with no update I figured it was time to touch base. I called and left a VM with David. I know it’s full Shot Show this week so they are likely all dealing with that.

Good luck man. Fierce had an awesome build on their Instagram page today. Carbon Rival, 6.5 PRC. Burnt bronze cerakote.

I was at Dallas SC January 7th to 9th. I looked at and liked the Nosler 21, Discussed the Rifle, and told the Nosler Reps in the booth I will be ordering one in a 6.5 PRC. They never said a word about any feeding problems. Well, Jan 11th I ordered a 6.5 PRC through a local dealer. I wish I would have seen these Posts prior to ordering. Question, are all 6.5 PRC's having this feeding problem?

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
I was at Dallas SC January 7th to 9th. I looked at and liked the Nosler 21, Discussed the Rifle, and told the Nosler Reps in the booth I will be ordering one in a 6.5 PRC. They never said a word about any feeding problems. Well, Jan 11th I ordered a 6.5 PRC through a local dealer. I wish I would have seen these Posts prior to ordering. Question, are all 6.5 PRC's having this feeding problem?
According to Nosler, no not all PRCs are having the issue. They have told myself and another in this thread that it is a 1-8 gun issue. idk.... My gun, is a question mark still...haven't had the ammo yet to cycle. Should know within a week or so if mine is impacted. No matter if your gun is impacted or not, I would call...tell them you have one and would like to get on the list for a new spring (if that's the problem) when they finish them. If your gun does have the problem...that's where you need to decide if you'll send it back, or hang on to it. Me, I will hang onto mine if it has issues until Nosler can say what exactly is wrong. I can still shoot it if I just load one or two. Nosler will come up with the fix, and hopefully send it out to all owners. I'm confident they will make it right...just feel back for the guys here that don't have their rifles right now, and aren't hearing much.

This 21 on order is not my 1st Nosler Rifle. I purchased a Model 48 in a Custom Sporter, 270 WSM Cal. and NO problems at all. When the 48 Trophy Grade came out I purchased one in a 300 WSM. That rifle had feeding problems. The rifle was sent back to Nosler and the issue was fixed. I took about a month.

They say it’s 1-8 but my guess is it’s 1-8 that they know of. Lots of guns sitting in boxes out there that haven’t been tested yet. The reps didn’t say anything cause the didn’t know. They didn’t know cause nobody at the factory tested them.

I was told Twice in two different emails that the questions I had asked would be and then had been asked to the owners and management. Those questions were, how long will this take, what exactly are you doing to fix it, and can I have a refund or swap for a different caliber? Been two weeks and still no answer. The owners and management don’t care obviously. Meanwhile this thread and others will trend and cost them business.

I was told 1-8 on it. I ordered another and it should be in any time... so we will test the theory.. If I get 2 with the same issue, I'd say I'm either the unluckiest person ever.. or it's way more...

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Where is your local dealer getting the rifle? If it’s from Davidson’s I’d feel okay waiting to see if it works (if it’s messed up they will issue your dealer a credit and you’ll be refunded). Fingers crossed but not betting on it. If the order is waiting for inventory availability I’d cancel it or switch calibers.

Where is your local dealer getting the rifle? If it’s from Davidson’s I’d feel okay waiting to see if it works (if it’s messed up they will issue your dealer a credit and you’ll be refunded). Fingers crossed but not betting on it. If the order is waiting for inventory availability I’d cancel it or switch calibers.
Ya, I talked to the dealer this afternoon. The/my rifle came in today. I did not come from Davidson's. He told me the distributer's name, but I did not catch it, but from Minnesota. Here in the rural land, I live about 40 Miles from the gun shop. Planning on going there Saturday. I do have some Hornady ELD M factory loads to bring with me. I will try cycling a few rounds at the shop.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, I talked to the dealer this afternoon. The/my rifle came in today. I did not come from Davidson's. He told me the distributer's name, but I did not catch it, but from Minnesota. Here in the rural land, I live about 40 Miles from the gun shop. Planning on going there Saturday. I do have some Hornady ELD M factory loads to bring with me. I will try cycling a few rounds at the shop.
That’s a good idea. Reread these posts to fully understand what to look for. If you jam 3 rounds into the mag the first will feed. The second (left side of box) will either feed very roughly or the bolt will ride over top of the round. Do this test many times as it can fool you once or twice. With the round on the left side of the box you can pivot the round on its shoulder where it contacts the receiver.

Good luck!!!

So has anyone had any written communication/email from Nosler? Anybody had one this week? David has gone silent it seems. I emailed him Monday which means he had tuesday and Wednesday to respond. Maybe he will today. I’m just shocked honestly that they can’t update us and say what the progress is or exactly what the issues is, or even offer a refund or a rifle swap. I like the gun, and I want to like the brand but it seems they don’t care.

Have you had any communication with nosler regarding the feeding issues with the 6.5 prc since you sent your gun back? Recently?

Have you had any communication with nosler regarding the feeding issues with the 6.5 prc sent you sent the rifle back? Recently?

amassi

WKR
So has anyone had any written communication/email from Nosler? Anybody had one this week? David has gone silent it seems. I emailed him Monday which means he had tuesday and Wednesday to respond. Maybe he will today. I’m just shocked honestly that they can’t update us and say what the progress is or exactly what the issues is, or even offer a refund or a rifle swap. I like the gun, and I want to like the brand but it seems they don’t care.
If you want a resolution, stop giving them options. When you give them options, they float all of them to the respective departments, which will only delay your satisfaction.
Ask for 1 thing that will make it right. Demand a refund and move on. Or ask for a specific replacement rifle and provide your local ffl or ask for an update, but not all 3.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Also remember it’s SHOT Show, and they just launched a suppressor. They’re dealing with throngs of dealers and meetings. As much as these 6.5 PRC issues are HUGE to those of you that are effected by them (and not trying to downplay them, because I’d be frustrated too) are small potatoes compared to what they’ve got going on in Vegas this week. Keep in mind that they’re most likely short-staffed due to being at SHOT as well, and the people that David need answers from are inundated with other meetings/requests/conversations in person this week.

Just picked up my 2nd M21 in 6.5 PRC. Feeds so smooth!!!! Kiddo has already taken off to go see how it shoots today, but .. I'm thinking this is definitely a Wyatt issue.

Hopefully Nosler will get back with several of us now that Shot Show is over. I'm not sure how many are affected but this one definitely is not. I told my kid to keep record of which brass he shot first and so forth so we can see if it digs into the shell. It hadn't when I was testing it.