Nosler Model 21

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Well it’s been 24 hours since I talked to David and he indicated that he would update yesterday or today to say if it worked or not. Haven’t heard so I’m guessing it didn’t. What a crap show! Anyone else hear anything?

I called twice today. First time to Davids direct extension, no answer and roll to VM. Called main number and went through options menu for customer support and then rifle, again no answer and the to VM.

I didn’t bother leaving any more messages.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I called twice today. First time to Davids direct extension, no answer and roll to VM. Called main number and went through options menu for customer support and then rifle, again no answer and the to VM.

I didn’t bother leaving any more messages.
Why doesn’t this surprise me? I was afraid that this was the likely outcome. I hope you all get this rectified promptly and can move on. This surely has made me reconsider my support of Nosler on ANY level going forward.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Well it’s been 24 hours since I talked to David and he indicated that he would update yesterday or today to say if it worked or not. Haven’t heard so I’m guessing it didn’t. What a crap show! Anyone else hear anything?
Shame on you for thinking that you would get a call back even when told to expect one. What makes you think that it would actually happen? Don’t worry, I, too, fell victim to the same level of caring only to be left in the dark. Join the club.

Ok so I got a call last night at 845 est. David left me about a 3 minute voicemail. He said they have the fix. It’s a new bottom metal, spring and follower made by someone else. It has been sent to get cerakoted and they are re cerakoting the whole gun to make sure it matches. I was told the gun would ship back first of the week. I feel like the only reason I was called is because I have been the squeaky wheel. At this point I honestly feel like selling it.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so I got a call last night at 845 est. David left me about a 3 minute voicemail. He said they have the fix. It’s a new bottom metal, spring and follower made by someone else. It has been sent to get cerakoted and they are re cerakoting the whole gun to make sure it matches. I was told the gun would ship back first of the week. I feel like the only reason I was called is because I have been the squeaky wheel. At this point I honestly feel like selling it.
I’d still demand my money back. You didn’t buy a frankengun.

Oakleys

FNG
I don’t think a company is going to give anybody a free rifle. I do think merchandise and components would be nice, if your choosing

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Actually imagine what will happen when these rifles return and we start getting accuracy reports. With the trouble that they’ve had out of the 6.5 PRC‘s who knows what will happen. They should shoot them to prove that they shoot before they come back to the customer. Because if mine doesn’t I’m gonna blame it on the rifle being torn apart time and time again while they try to solve their problem on the customers dime.

By the way I still haven’t heard from Nosler. And I’ve reached out more than my fair share as a customer.

I don’t think a company is going to give anybody a free rifle. I do think merchandise and components would be nice, if your choosing
The rifle does not come with a Muzzle Brake, give the customer a Muzzle Brake. A token of goodwill.

Last edited:

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think anyone is asking for a free rifle. But some are willing to get their money back and walk away from this experiment empty handed.

For those staying with the brand I’d sure want some of their $100 per box ammo to see how accurate and reliable the gun really is. And one box wouldn’t cut it.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get ahold of them and get my gun sent in now. Not heard a word yet, but hoping (not holding my breath) that I do soon. I really didn't want to send mine in, but I'm betting I have no choice but to do that :(

Why doesn’t this surprise me? I was afraid that this was the likely outcome. I hope you all get this rectified promptly and can move on. This surely has made me reconsider my support of Nosler on ANY level going forward.
I have seen and heard issues with customer service as far back as two years ago. It seems to be an ongoing problem. The theme was no communication and slow to solve the problem

Think about this for a second. A major gun and ammo manufacturer makes a product to sell for $2,000. Doesn’t even test to see if it works. Guns don’t work. Guns are sent back. Company never issues an apology or clearly outlines what they are going to do to fix it nor mentions how long it will take. Rarely responds to emails or phone calls from customers who are wating and wondering about there defective product. Recalls the first 65 guns or so from vendors. Tells one customer it’s fixed but doesn’t tell the others that are waiting. Not once have they apologized, acknowledge there terrible customer service or mentioned what they would do to make it right or to make you happy. I don’t care if the gun is dead nuts accurate. Every time I look at the rifle I’ll think about this experience. With that being said I’ll be selling it to buy a seekins most likely. Good luck to y’all!

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Think about this for a second. A major gun and ammo manufacturer makes a product to sell for $2,000. Doesn’t even test to see if it works. Guns don’t work. Guns are sent back. Company never issues an apology or clearly outlines what they are going to do to fix it nor mentions how long it will take. Rarely responds to emails or phone calls from customers who are wating and wondering about there defective product. Recalls the first 65 guns or so from vendors. Tells one customer it’s fixed but doesn’t tell the others that are waiting. Not once have they apologized, acknowledge there terrible customer service or mentioned what they would do to make it right or to make you happy. I don’t care if the gun is dead nuts accurate. Every time I look at the rifle I’ll think about this experience. With that being said I’ll be selling it to buy a seekins most likely. Good luck to y’all!
It’s just some bondo and a quick squirt of paint.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Let the record show I emailed again today 1/27 asking David yet again asking for an update after not have any response to my numerous request.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Think about this for a second. A major gun and ammo manufacturer makes a product to sell for $2,000. Doesn’t even test to see if it works.

Ignoring the specific item here; this is literally the entire gun/hunting/optics/gunsmith industry. Other than few (very few) exceptions, companies are not doing legitimate testing. The customer is the beta tester for all of it.

Let the record show I emailed again today 1/27 asking David yet again asking for an update after not have any response to my numerous request.
Any reply yet? Nothing on my end :( I held off sending my gun in, so I want to make sure and get mine there and taken care of!

hodgeman

WKR
Ignoring the specific item here; this is literally the entire gun/hunting/optics/gunsmith industry. Other than few (very few) exceptions, companies are not doing legitimate testing. The customer is the beta tester for all of it.
+1 That's been the case forever. I remember back in the 80s. Hell...you might get a gun from any of the majors and a lot of the custom shops that simply didn't work. Big bore guys welded their floor plates shut cause more than a few of them would just go "bombs away" under recoil.

My 416 Rigby from Ruger...$2k in 1998 dollars BTW... wouldn't feed 2 rounds out of the magazine. I had one of the vaunted Colt Gold Cup 45s that literally had no rifling in the barrel. None. The test target it shipped with was a real mystery. You still find Ruger Mark II rifles out there in circulation with bad barrels that look like sewage pipes.

Getting a reliable 2MOA rifle was more a matter of luck than anything else. I personally saw an "ultralight custom" from a very well known custom maker that wouldn't hold 6 MOA with anything... his response- You want it light or you want it accurate? Tough crap.

Getting 1MOA took dedication to hand loading and more than a little tinkering.

Current points of discussion notwithstanding...we've never had better rifles that we have right now. It's not Nosler, or anyone else...it's everyone and has been for decades.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
+1 That's been the case forever. I remember back in the 80s. Hell...you might get a gun from any of the majors and a lot of the custom shops that simply didn't work. Big bore guys welded their floor plates shut cause more than a few of them would just go "bombs away" under recoil.

My 416 Rigby from Ruger...$2k in 1998 dollars BTW... wouldn't feed 2 rounds out of the magazine. I had one of the vaunted Colt Gold Cup 45s that literally had no rifling in the barrel. None. The test target it shipped with was a real mystery. You still find Ruger Mark II rifles out there in circulation with bad barrels that look like sewage pipes.

Getting a reliable 2MOA rifle was more a matter of luck than anything else. I personally saw an "ultralight custom" from a very well known custom maker that wouldn't hold 6 MOA with anything... his response- You want it light or you want it accurate? Tough crap.

Getting 1MOA took dedication to hand loading and more than a little tinkering.

Current points of discussion notwithstanding...we've never had better rifles that we have right now. It's not Nosler, or anyone else...it's everyone and has been for decades.
And nothing will ever change if people keep making excuses for poor CS and subpar build quality. Accepting this as Normal, or the ways it’s always been, will only allow the trend to continue.

If companies want to sweet talk the industry with promises like the one posted above, it’s time for them to ACT like they care. Until then, customers are beginning to see these promises for what they are....nothing but lip service.

One would think with the transmission rates of information in today’s world that an issue such as the one at hand would have been addressed through public relations in short order. Positive resolution through timely communication would have had an enormous impact on the feelings regarding this ongoing issue.

Just called and left a message for David. Not heard anything on my two previous emails.

Assuming no one else has heard anything either?