Nosler vs Hornady brass

sneaky

"DADDY"
What caliber are you loading for? Bertram and ADG seem to get the highest remarks. I've used both Nosler and Hornady, both do the job. I guess it depends on if you shoot a lot and are working the cases more. Annealing will extend whatever brass you use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
Going to have some loads done for me in 280ai. I don’t reload myself. They only have Nosler and Hornady. I don’t shoot a ton so don’t see a need to reuse but maybe once. I’m not doing it to save money. May not reuse at all, just buy new brass going forward.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Going to have some loads done for me in 280ai. I don’t reload myself. They only have Nosler and Hornady. I don’t shoot a ton so don’t see a need to reuse but maybe once. I’m not doing it to save money. May not reuse at all, just buy new brass going forward.
What 280AI do you have? I've got several loads worked up for mine that are tack drivers. Not hot loads either, accuracy loads.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd get some Norma 280 Rem brass and fire form. Of the two I'd have to choose Nosler. I cant stand Hornady brass, it is such a pain in the ass to work with. I'll give you a box of Hornady 140's to do it with. I'm probably not going to use them anyway.

Last edited:
OP
MuleyFever
I’m not quite to reloading for myself yet. I planned to use Copper Creek to see if some hand loads will tighten up my groups any. I’m just curious and if it works well maybe I’ll buy some reloading equipment. I figure it’s a fairly cheap experiment.

ckleeves

WKR
Neither are great. Doing load development in a 280 ai a few months ago I started losing primer pockets in Nosler after 3 firings. The remaining 80% were done after 4. Not hot loads by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
Not trying to get 3+ reloads. Just want consistency.

Is the Nosler brass worth the extra cost if I’m only using it for 1 firing?

Dcrafton

WKR
I have a full custom 280ai, I’ve used both of the two you mentioned. I prefer nosler but for what you are doing you would be just fine with hornady.
My load....
59.5g Re26
CCI 250
180 eldm
2917 FPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Reloading 30 years. Have used both. I couldn't tell the difference between the two in any part of the process. From visual inspection, longevity, ease of resizing and finally ending with accuracy.

Those two are my preferred brands, I will buy Winchester but it takes a lot of prep. After the initial prep it's just fine. I will not buy the Remington brass. It's too hard to resize.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw