Not eating meat before a hunt?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I know a guy who smokes cigarettes nonstop in his deer stand and has killed a pile of whitetails over 170. It's the wind you gotta watch out for, not some meatless ritual.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
I dunno if there is any truth to it but, I remember years ago reading in a news article that eating vegetables can reduce human scent. Something about the Chlorophyl in the plants. They have been testing Chlorophyl in regards to human body odor since the 40's, with testing done as late as 2012 last I knew. There are some other tests that have debunked the theory in certain forms like bad breath, colostomy bags, etc, but, if your looking into removing body odor it might be worth looking into. I'd think eating vegetables would be easier then cutting meat out of my diet.

I agree with the rest of the group though, just play the wind. But, if your interested in possibly reducing body odor by the foods you eat it may be worth looking into.

Happy Hunting

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

You would have to reduce your odor to zero/non-existent to fool an animals nose. The goal of being less smelly, or not smelling like a carnivore is going to gain you nothing, because you're still going to stink to that animal. Play the wind if you want to fool them.

Has anyone tried this? If so have you noticed a difference?

I've heard of guys (including Randy Ulmer) that stop eating meat about a month before their deer/elk hunt to help reduce certain smells produced by body odor.

No offense to you and Randy, but I think this is silly. However, if it gives you more confidence, I say go for it.