Not open for further replies? Does this mean closed by OP or moderators

Not open for further replies? Does this mean closed by OP or moderators. I was looking at a post in optics calssifieds for multiple vortex glass items and it looked like only one item was sold but it said "Not open for further replies" with a little green lock beside it. It's dated Jan 29. does this mean it was closed by the mods for some infraction or by the OP because he sold everything? should I be spooked?

also should I be posting this in classifieds?

OP probably just hit "Lock thread" without changing the prefix to "Sold," or maybe he just decided not to sell the rest of the stuff. Either way, I don't think it's cause for concern. You could send him a private message to see if what you're interested in is still available.
Screenshot_20210226-155814.png

OP
EastHumboldt
So if you see the locked symbol that usually means it's sold?

Edit: Oddly enough whyen I click on the little "..." menu symbol like Mighty Mouse's screen shot (in this forum, not the classified forum) I don't have an option to lock the thread. Is that only in the classifieds?

edit again: Just found one of my old posts in classifieds and answered my own question... Yes its only in the classifieds. I appear to be talking to myself. Thats OK, no one else understands me anyway...

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be nice.
Its pretty frustrating to click on a WTS item and scroll through the thread to see someone bumped their listing with a "SOLD!" post instead of just changing the prefix or locking it up.
Changing the prefix to sold should also automatically lock the thread

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Zzyzx

FNG
Seller can also NOT change the item to SOLD, and then lock the thread while keeping multiple buyers on the hook in PMs only. For this reason, fraudsters love "lock thread". Hopefully moderators will rethink the decision to allow the OP to lock thread. It's very dangerous to a buyer engage in PMs with a fraudster who could otherwise have been tipped off to the issue by thread messages.

Seller can also NOT change the item to SOLD, and then lock the thread while keeping multiple buyers on the hook in PMs only. For this reason, fraudsters love "lock thread". Hopefully moderators will rethink the decision to allow the OP to lock thread. It's very dangerous to a buyer engage in PMs with a fraudster who could otherwise have been tipped off to the issue by thread messages.

That's why we have feedback.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I locked a thread on some boots that have not sold. One of the eyelets broke and I did not notice when I posted them up. Saying "sold" feels like a lie, but leaving the thread open invites disappointment if someone is interested in them.

I appear to be talking to myself.

A habit of the wise, they simply speak to the most intelligent person in the room.

Zzyzx

FNG
And feedback is great. But Fraudsters are very good at what they do. This site will need many defenses against fraud. Feedback just can't be the only answer as it won't defend against the scenario I laid out where a "new" fraudster locks thread and the proceeds to lure and deceive in PMs. Perhaps even using a hijacked account with good existing feedback.