Not so new FNG.

Figured I'd introduce myself proper, I've had a Rokslide profile since 2019 and have recently become more interested in the Rokcast and Forum discussions. My original interest to Rokslide was sparked by Robby Dennings 1st HBMD book (read it twice now) and our similar passion for mule deer.

Here it goes............. I'm a 52 year old retired Union Carpenter of 31 years from the western slope of the California Sierra's. Since 2009 I've hunted mule deer as a non-resident in Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and bull elk in Colorado. I've been and still currently am a subscriber to many of the online research apps (OnX, etc.) since the beginning of their existence.

I'm not looking and will never ask for anyone's honey holes and am willing to help a brother out when/where I can.

Good hunting to all and best of luck!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from another FNG in the western foothills of the Sierras! Seen some good recommendations on that Robby Dennings book, will have to give it a read.

OP
Solowhunter
Welcome from another FNG in the western foothills of the Sierras! Seen some good recommendations on that Robby Dennings book, will have to give it a read.
Ha! Thanks.............. us California guys gotta stick together! I'm in the middle of Robby's 2nd book HBMD "The Stories" both books are a good read and full of information nuggets, I highly recommend!

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Ha! Thanks, perfect analogy!

Be careful what you post and comment on............... they're waiting for an easy target!!! Thats alright I'm good at hiding my California license plate at the trailhead.
At the local fuel station near the hunt unit out-of-state, I've definitely had guys say things like "oh you're the CA license plate truck" haha. Funny what people notice.