Not sure what to call this post about Swaro's

Dschwan

WKR
I have been keeping an eye on the optics classified and have noticed that there seems to be more Swaro EL binos that come up for sale than the SLC's. Is there a reason or is it just a coincidence?

marktole

WKR
I think the fact that some guys can’t stomach having $2,800 in a pair of binos that they use for one or maybe two hunts a year might have something to do with it. Makes sense to sell them and get something in that $1,000 range and use the rest of the money for something else.

Or at least that has always been my thought when I see lightly used EL’s for sale on the classifieds. I suppose everyone probably has a different reason for selling them.

I agree with the above. I’ve also noticed that a lot of the ELs popping up in the classifieds are 12x50s. Maybe some guys don’t like the 12s as much as they thought they would for hand holding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
I agree with the above. I’ve also noticed that a lot of the ELs popping up in the classifieds are 12x50s. Maybe some guys don’t like the 12s as much as they thought they would for hand holding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also noticed that. I’ve been curious about trying 12s and have offered quite a few guys trades for my 10x50 ELs, all have said they’re just looking to sell.

Maybe it is a combination of not liking 12s as much as they thought and not wanting that much money tied up in a single optic.

Agree with the prior points about people not wanting that much tied up in an optic if they're a more weekend warrior type hunter. I fall into that category too but unless I have a life changing medical problem, I will not be selling mine.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
Or......

In my case, i have no retailers within reasonable distance. So that left we with taking my best guess as what i wanted, then spending the money. Got 10x42’s, then decided for where i live and how i hunt, they were not what i wanted. So i bought 8x32, compared them side by side, and kept the pair i liked better. Sold the other pair.

My guess is that a lot of guys are trying different objective sizes/magnification ranges and trying to get what fits their needs the best, then selling the others to recoup their money.

I’d be very surprised if a lot of people had swaros, and decided to go with a lesser bino. Having that much money tied up in a bino only hurts when you initially buy it. Afterward, it doesnt hurt and most guys are happy they did.

Afhunter1

WKR
I’d say a lot of guys also buy them expecting to just be totally amazed at the view when it actually takes someone with a knowledge of optics to pick up the differences in what separates the 750ish Bins to the Swarovski class. So they sell them and just go back to the diamondbacks and keep killing game. I’m keeping my el’s though.

I’ve killed a bunch of stuff with $150 bins.

Most of the guys I know that have Swaros also have several pair of other high end optics LOL
There are several of those types of guys on this forum. They use the tool they like best and spend the money chasing the best. A guy I know has at least four pair of swaro bins and a couple zeiss too. He occasionally upgrades and sells something when he finds something better for a particular task.
Not me, I’m not in that economic situation.

PLO5

WKR
I have had several pairs of el's because i geek out reading these forums on what the very best is. Swarovski el 10x42 always comes up. Each time i buy them i look at them rite next to meostars and SLC's. Money is not an option and i use binoculars 50 plus days per year looking for antlers and probably 20 days hunting elk and deer in colorado. The only place i can tell that the EL is better is the edges if i almost look crooked into the eye pieces when they are on a tripod, i do not look through binoculars using my perifial vision so i usually move the binoculars and face something that im glassing. I see black on the sides of el's when panning and have to screw eye cups out which costs me field of view. What good is a lens that is supposed to be fully useable over entire field of view if you have to lose it for twisting eye cups out? The difference to me is so negligible that the SLC's are my current go to. They are also almost 3 ounces lighter and for me feel better in my hands. Its all in the eye of the beholder! Zeiss victory sf's have came a long ways i feel like and i also really like the leica ultravid hd plus. They are all good, find the best one that works for your eyes not other guys talking about em on a forum especially when a lot of guys do not know what to look for in good optics. I will note i do feel like the EL's are the best build quality in anything out! The el 8x32 and 12x50 are much better in wow factor for me then the 10x42 el

I recently got Zeiss RF 10x42's and can't hold onto two pairs of binoculars so my EL 10x42's are going in a couple of weeks. With that said, the EL is optically superior and that's to anything I've put my eyes behind on a tripod comparing Zeiss SF's and Leica Noctivid's. I'm just willing to sacrifice a bit of optical quality for a big advantage of the RF abilities that Zeiss has put into these binoculars.

Waiting on Swarovski now to come out with some upgraded RF bino's to compare...

1.) For me, chasing something better for my style of hunting when I'm using them 60-80 days and get behind them for hours on end on a tripod. I already know 10's crush it for me so I'm not constantly trying to find what size works for me. I'm finally moving over to RF Bino's because the technology has caught up with the times. Bluetooth, it came out in 1999, insane.

2.) People get the best but don't realize what power might work for them yet. I went down this road with 8's 10's and 12's and saw the sweet spot as a 10 power but tried this with $600-$900 glass.

3. They pay $2,800 for the best and realize they only use them a few days a year so what's the point? They won't see a great difference between Conquest HD's and EL's. That extra 2k now just bought tags or a guide.

4.) Reading into articles such as GoHunt that 12's are the new 10's and 15's but fail to realize they use them 90% of the time on a tripod or they're willing to sacrifice certain areas to lose weight or their style of hunting is completely different from yours. Maybe, even more so, that based on such and such review or your favorite hunter on Instagram who kills big things this is what to get.