Not your usual "first rifle" question

barrister

WKR
Also had a guy dead set on buying a 350 legend because, and I am not kidding and pretty much a quote directly from his mouth, "you have 2 boxes of ammo on the shelf for it." 40 rounds, we had 40 rounds and that was enough to justify the purchase of a complete new rifle.
It's funny you use 350 Legend as an example. I agree with you that I wouldn't buy a new rifle in that caliber right now based on availability during this crazy situation. However, I bought one early last year for Eastern whitetail hunting, pre-pandemic, and it has proven to be the caliber that will keep me shooting comfortably until "normalcy" returns. I've found way more ammo for 350 Legend over the last few months than all of my other traditional calibers combined (30-06, 30-30 and 45-70). At a fraction of the price being asked for the others, as well. I've been very lucky to be an unintended contrarian with that rifle purchase.

OP
Bobrunner06

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
It's funny you use 350 Legend as an example. I agree with you that I wouldn't buy a new rifle in that caliber right now based on availability during this crazy situation. However, I bought one early last year for Eastern whitetail hunting, pre-pandemic, and it has proven to be the caliber that will keep me shooting comfortably until "normalcy" returns. I've found way more ammo for 350 Legend over the last few months than all of my other traditional calibers combined (30-06, 30-30 and 45-70). At a fraction of the price being asked for the others, as well. I've been very lucky to be an unintended contrarian with that rifle purchase.
Most of my family is switching to 350 legend or 450 bushmaster where we hunt in southern MI. Great for deer and cheap ammo. I'm just watching my bank account shrink shooting 12 gauge sabot slugs haha