November Elk

Behall

FNG
Hey!
Archery didn’t pan out this year, I am looking to take advantage of the November cow hunt here in ID. I have never hunted this timeframe and looking forward to the experience. If anyone has any advice on tips, tactics, or gear it would be very appreciated. To be clear Im not asking for unit/location at all! Lol

Look at the big picture. Think about an area where you know there are elk up high and far away from everyone. Now look at some of the biggest ridges that point toward where they will winter. Look for some benchy areas and saddles etc where numbers of elk are likely to stage as they drop down from the roughest country but aren’t yet being forced by weather to actually drop below 7000 feet. Only experience will show you which of those ridges are part of the migratory route but once you find them they are priceless. Hope for snow to out them in those spots and when it falls hunt as high as you can. Where the snow is to your knees is about right. It’s not easy to cover ground then. So knowing a spot to get to and sitting is the name of the game. Good luck!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just be aware that those November cow hunts you can do with your leftover A tag, also have other hunts going on at the same time. Can be a zoo with muzzy hunters for cows, rifle hunters for cows, and muzzy hunters for bulls all competing for the same places.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk