Novice diving in head first needs advice

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything is at the Smith so now all I can do is wait.

What shooting app is everyone using?
Any one have an opinion on a Kestrel? I was looking at the 2700 due to cost but don't want to regret not getting a 5700 shortly afterwards?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I just dove in as well a couple months ago. I enrolled in Sonora Desert Institute and am going through basic ballistics as we speak.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just dove in as well a couple months ago. I enrolled in Sonora Desert Institute and am going through basic ballistics as we speak.
Tell me more about what you equiped yourself with to get started. What are you using to calculate shooting solutions? Bipod? Rear bag? What did the class cost? I'm debating finding a class myself

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well rifle is finished just need to get it some creakote.
0ef35642c3ce7449731b8ac1af44f83d.jpg
ffadd9dfd659f6cdbd3f249bd61541bd.jpg

J.Davis

FNG
Not sure if you picked optics yet, but this is a great option and dang good price:

Once you find a load the gun likes, you can have leupold make a custom dial for it (1 free with their CDL scopes).

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if you picked optics yet, but this is a great option and dang good price:

Once you find a load the gun likes, you can have leupold make a custom dial for it (1 free with their CDL scopes).
Thanks for heads up on that deal. I did already pick up a new vortex model - the razor lht to mount on the rifle. Early reports on the optic were all positive so hopefully it lives up to the hype.

I'll be mounting the vortex razor lht with a pair of G2 ultra lite rings https://www.buckeyetactical.com/buc...ltralite-picatinny-style-rings-matte-low.html and a Leupold back country Picatinny rail to keep everything as light as possible but still be rock solid.IMG_20200705_131039360.jpg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately the rifle is still at the creakote guys place for another week or so as he's a bit behind. Can't wait to FINALLY get it all together and out to the range.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member