Now that I'm invested in Swaro...

Now that I have cried once and purchased the Swaro BTX w/ 95mm objective and 1.7 extender...I'm questioning whether to buy all the different sized objectives or not. Seems kinda pointless to get the 85mm since I have the 95 right? Maybe a 65mm for backpacking is all I need? Any good argument to owning all three?

questionMark.jpg

I really like spotting more when using both eyes (cuz mine are older). Thanks for your input.

Cody_W

WKR
I wouldn’t buy the 85, the only benefit is weight savings and the weight savings is only around 8-10oz if my memory serves me right. If that’s worth the $1200 to you then by all means though.

Brianb3

WKR
I was using my 85 next to my buddies 95 at different ranges in Idaho this week. Very little difference on clarity magnification etc. anyone know if there’s much difference in using the btx 85 vs 95? Think the 85 w btx and extender I’d be right in there with a 95.

I have a 65 I’d sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I was using my 85 next to my buddies 95 at different ranges in Idaho this week. Very little difference on clarity magnification etc. anyone know if there’s much difference in using the btx 85 vs 95? Think the 85 w btx and extender I’d be right in there with a 95.

I have a 65 I’d sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, I just bought one off the Optics classifieds board for $900.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Too bad you didn’t call cameralandny and checked what Doug could of done.

I did, they are the guys sending me the Monfotto head but their price was identical to Amazon and others online. I only bought from them because they are a sponsor.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We sell many of those systems and it's the 65 and 95. No reason to get the 85, IMO.

Our pleasure to discuss it with you

OP
Where's Bruce?
Is there an ideal travel case that will hold the BTX, 65 & 95 objectives and extender? Want something hard & soft and air travel and in the backpack. The Marsupial case won't work with the extender in.

I have the 95mm and the 65mm objectives. So far the 85mm does not do anything for me that is not already covered by what I have. No matter which objective you run, there's going to be a compromise so far.

kiddogy

WKR
my advice...…… take it for what it is...…………. if you can afford it and want it , why deny yourself?? just keep in mind, what you need, is generally more important then what you want!

OP
Where's Bruce?
my advice...…… take it for what it is...…………. if you can afford it and want it , why deny yourself?? just keep in mind, what you need, is generally more important then what you want!

Exactly why I asked...in case there's something I'm overlooking but I cannot justify an 85mm with the 95mm in hand. Can't think of a good reason for buying the 85 and I already have an 80.

tdot

WKR
Are you going to run the BTX with both the 95 and 65? Or will you have another eye piece for the 65?

I'm curious, cuz I'm just reviewing this system right now and weighing my options.

I'm leaning towards a BTX/95 and then either a STX/65 or a Kowa 554.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Are you going to run the BTX with both the 95 and 65? Or will you have another eye piece for the 65?

I'm curious, cuz I'm just reviewing this system right now and weighing my options.

Mulling that over but will consider adding an STX. I re-purposed a 24" Savior bag. Just barely holds the 95mm and BTX w/ extender as well as extra objectives, tripod and head, etc all in one padded carry case. Perfect!

savior24pack.jpg

Last edited:

The little Kowa is impressive for its size, and can hold its own against the swaro 65, but it makes a lot of sense to take advantage of the Swaro modular system if you’re already invested into it.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Saw exactly one buck (maybe 140-160) on the first morning, then nada. Game cams show they went completely nocturnal. Weapon wasn't a factor for this dinner.

tagsoup.jpg