NR Iowa application period starts today

Scottyboy

WKR
Got the points, at 5 currently, looking for a place to hunt and need to get my bow safety course completed 🙄🥹. When or why is this a requirement I don’t understand but I’m committed at this point, most likely next year I’ll apply for a tag instead of a point

WCB

WKR
Got the points, at 5 currently, looking for a place to hunt and need to get my bow safety course completed 🙄🥹. When or why is this a requirement I don’t understand but I’m committed at this point, most likely next year I’ll apply for a tag instead of a point
Where does it say you need a bowhunter safety course to apply for Iowa? Even though I completed a bowhunter course for special park hunts here in MN...I never submitted anything to the Iowa DNR and my buddies that hunt in Iowa have also never even attended a bowhunter safety course and have hunted there multiple times.

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
Where does it say you need a bowhunter safety course to apply for Iowa? Even though I completed a bowhunter course for special park hunts here in MN...I never submitted anything to the Iowa DNR and my buddies that hunt in Iowa have also never even attended a bowhunter safety course and have hunted there multiple times.
No bowhunter safety course is required.

Scottyboy

WKR
I’ll send you the email I got from Iowa DNR last year saying bow hunting safety was a requirement to draw a tag

And I forgot to ask; when was the last time you or your buddies drew a tag? Last year when I applied I was prompted for the upload

Scottyboy

WKR
According to Iowa DNR; they do not consider my Minnesota firearms/hunting safety certificate valid by way of my drivers license having the endorsement valid for purchasing a license. They need me to provide a document I got 30 years ago as my DL saying the same thing is not valid.C190551C-C7D0-4E01-AB77-E55F65B6286C.jpeg

baz77

WKR
They just require a hunters safety card.
I lost mine from when I was a kid years ago i went online and took a course through the hunters-Ed.com took the Texas course since it didn’t require a field day.

Scottyboy

WKR
They just require a hunters safety card.
I lost mine from when I was a kid years ago i went online and took a course through the hunters-Ed.com took the Texas course since it didn’t require a field day.
I get that, but if you contact Iowa DNR they need (want) both a bow and firearms certificate.

Ps: thanks for the note on your website for the course; it just seems strange any other state I hunt honors my license endorsement….but not Iowa, at least of late. I could apply for a license my first 3-4 years with my endorsement. Last year and this year, not so much.

baz77

WKR
I get that, but if you contact Iowa DNR they need (want) both a bow and firearms certificate.

Ps: thanks for the note on your website for the course; it just seems strange any other state I hunt honors my license endorsement….but not Iowa, at least of late. I could apply for a license my first 3-4 years with my endorsement. Last year and this year, not so much.
Oh okay well they accepted my Texas card when I applied this year. Good luck when you draw.

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my first point today! Now I've gotta call and ask the DNR about my son. He'll be 16 in four years when I expect to draw.

Applied for Zone 4 with four points. We shall see! Got a buddy that lives there and will hunt public with him if I draw. Pretty excited!!

JasonWi

WKR
Iowa DNR accepted our Oregon hunter safety cards as well. We're applying for zone 6 with 5pp. Outfitter is booked and we've got November 5th-11th. Fingers crossed we draw

TSAMP

WKR
I heard iowa is moving toward a 90/10 allocation for tags and the safety course requirements thr first step

JasonWi

WKR
I've looked online but somehow didn't find the exact date the results will be posted? I read when the tags will be sent to us, but couldn't find the previous information.

Tks