NRA Bankruptcy

Opah

WKR
Yes avoiding issues, they need to be ready for the on slot of challenges Kamala and slow Joe are going to throw out there.
They can't do that when NY is filing BS suit after BS suit.

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
Yes avoiding issues, they need to be ready for the on slot of challenges Kamala and slow Joe are going to throw out there.
They can't do that when NY is filing BS suit after BS suit.
Couldn’t they leave NY without filing bankruptcy?

BBob

WKR
Couldn’t they leave NY without filing bankruptcy?
I'm not an attorney but as said above it's probably "tactics" in that by filing bankruptcy it stops or slows the NY lawsuit so they can get out of NY and off to Texas. Once re-incorporated in Texas that will probably (I'm guessing) shut down the NY lawsuit.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I would bet they're not broke, just trying to minimize liabilities from the NY lawsuits. I also heard they plan to re-incorporate as a non-profit when they get to Texas.

Trial153

WKR
Randy had a great post addressing this recent turn of events on HT.

This is self inflicted by the NRA leadership and it isnt going to change until they purge the leadership and have serious dose of self introspection. A lot of companies that have supported the NRA are going to be taking a hit with a bankruptcy settlement. Sadly that's what happens when an organization is more concerned with skimming funds for its executives then being responsible and beholden to membership.
I think we also come to find out that the lawsuits they are seeing came about because of members and affiliates where tired of the blatant malfeasance on display among other betrayals of trust.

Life member here and also made a year scheduled contribution for just over ten years. That stopped 5 years ago and I have no plans on ever giving this organization another dime until two things happen..
First a top to bottom change of the executive board and any BOD that were complacent in this. With a new outlined direction and mission statement.
And secondly prosecution of anyone that was a party to the thievery that took place.

Patriot life member as well. I stopped my contributions a couple of years back and do t even give them my change anymore when checking out at midway.

I am more interested in transferring to a new regime than punishing the old one. I have dealt with a few corporate bankruptcies. Generally, even when it is deserved, leadership rarely gets tarred and feathered. They have leverage and usually negotiate a payday to leave in an orderly fashion. Right or wrong, They hold the keys to the kingdom and are the best chance to successfully transition to a new leadership. It doesn’t sit well, but it is the price of poker.

Spoonbill

WKR
I look at this as a good thing. Hopefully now companies will be more likely to support FPC and GOA instead of the do nothing NRA.
Maybe companies like midway who donate tens of millions a year to the NRA will throw out LaPierre, but that is just wishful thinking.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting turn of events.

This plaintiff/donor has a website that encourages members to sign a petition, providing their name, contact info and NRA member number. The site appeared to be a bit out of date, so I reached out around Thanksgiving to see if things were still ongoing. No reply yet. I did find some of the court rulings and most didn't go in his favor, but as the Guardian article references, some claims remain alive.

I found this group the other day - "Save the Second" (https://www.savethe2a.org) that says they are working to overhaul the NRA. I've reached out to see how I can help. If anyone is interested, I can report back.

Looks like this bankruptcy filing may be much more complicated, and include some perhaps unintended consequences for Wayne and the NRA - https://www.creditslips.org/credits...6PIjJvbysaxeCntLsejAnygRn4OX_P7yRhr4JeSH7aoek

manitou1

WKR
I spend a lot on hunting. $35.00 is minimal in protecting our rights. I don't agree with everything they do, but to date, they are the most organized and strongest organization we have protecting our 2a rights. The media has done a fine job of brainwashing people and taking down the dominoes in the way.

Squincher

WKR
I spend a lot on hunting. $35.00 is minimal in protecting our rights. I don't agree with everything they do, but to date, they are the most organized and strongest organization we have protecting our 2a rights. The media has done a fine job of brainwashing people and taking down the dominoes in the way.
The NRA has always been the most organized and strongest organization, even when there wasn't a liar and thief at the helm. And I didn't need the news media to tell me Wayne LaPierre is a liar and thief.