NRA Signs MOU with U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
NRA Signs MOU with U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service​
FAIRFAX, Va.- The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding today with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to assist in the recruitment, education, and retaining of sportsmen and women through NRA’s vast hunter education and outreach programs.
“Together with the USFWS, the NRA has worked for decades to ensure as many outdoorsmen and women as possible can safely and responsibly enjoy our hunting heritage,” said Jason Ouimet, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “We look forward to a formalization of this longstanding relationship and thank Director Skipwith for her tireless work on this effort.”
A ten-year agreement, the MOU outlines the agreements and responsibilities of both parties including a commitment to science-based strategies for wildlife conservation along with NRA’s pledge to enhance hunter safety, marksmanship, and shooting safety through their free online hunter education program, the Hunters’ Leadership Forum, the Youth Hunter Education Challenge, the Women’s Wilderness Escape and its magazine, American Hunter, to achieve these goals.
“This MOU strengthens our shared commitment to wildlife and natural resource conservation while preserving our American heritage of hunting and recreating outdoors,” said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Aurelia Skipwith. “This partnership supports the Trump Administration and Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt’s priority of increasing access to public lands and expanding hunting opportunities while promoting the safe, responsible use of firearms.”
~NRA~
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Follow the NRA on social at Facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and Twitter @NRA.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks Ryan. Recently I haven't expected good news when it comes to the NRA, so it's nice to see they are trying to help hunters.

I wonder what they may be planning to counter HR 127. Nothing about that bill that I could find on the regular NRA or the ILA website. But I did see that I can join the NRA Cigar Club, so there's that.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Just renewed today.
We need all the help we can get.
I'm a Life member, so I've been resisting "upgrading" my membership, or donating more - until they clean up some of their internal problems.

That said, I think I may swallow the bitter pill and give them some more given what's going on/at stake.

Okhotnik

WKR
NRA Signs MOU with U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service​
FAIRFAX, Va.- The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding today with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to assist in the recruitment, education, and retaining of sportsmen and women through NRA’s vast hunter education and outreach programs.
“Together with the USFWS, the NRA has worked for decades to ensure as many outdoorsmen and women as possible can safely and responsibly enjoy our hunting heritage,” said Jason Ouimet, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “We look forward to a formalization of this longstanding relationship and thank Director Skipwith for her tireless work on this effort.”
A ten-year agreement, the MOU outlines the agreements and responsibilities of both parties including a commitment to science-based strategies for wildlife conservation along with NRA’s pledge to enhance hunter safety, marksmanship, and shooting safety through their free online hunter education program, the Hunters’ Leadership Forum, the Youth Hunter Education Challenge, the Women’s Wilderness Escape and its magazine, American Hunter, to achieve these goals.
“This MOU strengthens our shared commitment to wildlife and natural resource conservation while preserving our American heritage of hunting and recreating outdoors,” said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Aurelia Skipwith. “This partnership supports the Trump Administration and Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt’s priority of increasing access to public lands and expanding hunting opportunities while promoting the safe, responsible use of firearms.”
~NRA~
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Follow the NRA on social at Facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and Twitter @NRA.

Good move but they need to schitcan Wayne and all his supporters in the NRA

Not one dime from me until Wayne and the current board is gone.
Wish I could say the same, but I need it for membership in the only club within reasonable distance from me. Hopefully I won't have to re-up while he's still there.

drdrop

FNG
I'd also like to see more leadership by the NRA on issue of using lead free ammo when hunting. We don't need regulations, we just need widespread acceptance by sportsmen that truly care for conservation.

Good chance this would not have happened under any other administration or Secretary. This is no doubt a last-minute deal before the new Secretary is appointed.

I'm all for hunter education and supporting people who want to get outdoors. But I echo the sentiments above about Wayne. I've never been a fan. Ever.

When Bush Sr. cancelled his life membership because of Wayne's "jack booted thugs" comments, that was good enough for me.

Thanks for posting Ryan. Thats good news.

Now for a bit of a rant! haha
Wonder how they are going to pay for this new partnership? Well let me take my guess...

Oh...I bet it is from the "event charges" they are going to put on the Friends of the NRA banquet committees.
The NRA Foundation is no longer providing admin/warehouse support to the Friends (a 501c3) free of cost...they will be charging every banquet an extra $11K+ and the foundation is still taking their 50% cut off the event's net income AFTER the chargeback for admin fees.

Friends funds so much 4H shooting...local high school team shooting...gun ranges...classes...training etc.
The Friends grant programs are amazing and all the hard work to bring money in for the community done by the volunteers is HUGE!
BUT they are going to make it very difficult for all the chapter volunteers to keep putting the banquets on for a smaller and smaller piece to bring back to their communities.

So if you run a banquet and have a total net of $25K...first subtract the 11K then half it. So you bring $7K to your state committee to dole out to the community in form of grants....the foundation gets 18K.
And if you have a small banquet?...not good.

But ILA gets anything they want...no expenses spared...or the executives benefits frills pay etc...come on its not a good look.

Wayne and cronies need to go!

Sorry for negative posting but this information needs to get out there and its just super frustrating because i have seen this happen before with good 501c3s that i have volunteered with and it creates a downward spiral at the local level!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for posting Ryan. Thats good news.

Now for a bit of a rant! haha
Wonder how they are going to pay for this new partnership? Well let me take my guess...

Oh...I bet it is from the "event charges" they are going to put on the Friends of the NRA banquet committees.
The NRA Foundation is no longer providing admin/warehouse support to the Friends (a 501c3) free of cost...they will be charging every banquet an extra $11K+ and the foundation is still taking their 50% cut off the event's net income AFTER the chargeback for admin fees.

Friends funds so much 4H shooting...local high school team shooting...gun ranges...classes...training etc.
The Friends grant programs are amazing and all the hard work to bring money in for the community done by the volunteers is HUGE!
BUT they are going to make it very difficult for all the chapter volunteers to keep putting the banquets on for a smaller and smaller piece to bring back to their communities.

So if you run a banquet and have a total net of $25K...first subtract the 11K then half it. So you bring $7K to your state committee to dole out to the community in form of grants....the foundation gets 18K.
And if you have a small banquet?...not good.

But ILA gets anything they want...no expenses spared...or the executives benefits frills pay etc...come on its not a good look.

Wayne and cronies need to go!

Sorry for negative posting but this information needs to get out there and its just super frustrating because i have seen this happen before with good 501c3s that i have volunteered with and it creates a downward spiral at the local level!
I agree 100%. I stopped wasting my money with the NRA years ago.

I highly encourage people to join the Second Amendment Foundation or the Gun Owner Of America.

Travis907

WKR
I’ve been an NRA Life member for years, but i’m not donating more until they clean some stuff up and start showing us what the NRA should be truly representing!

Wrench

WKR
The usfws sits near the top of agencies who I've questioned their motive since my age of understanding.

I trust WLP just a bit less.

This is interesting news, but akin to the devil making a deal with Clinton.....I have little faith.

fal-762

FNG
My opinion, if the NRA spent 25% of what they spend on mailing and spamming for more money and free gifts for renewing, they'd have the funds to actually fight and lobby legislations which would in turn entice more people to join and increase revenues. Just my 2 cents.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
My opinion, if the NRA spent 25% of what they spend on mailing and spamming for more money and free gifts for renewing, they'd have the funds to actually fight and lobby legislations which would in turn entice more people to join and increase revenues. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. Or if they spent 10% of what they pay to lawyers who are cozy with WLP, they could do the same.