NRL Hunter match opportunity in Laramie, WY

cfossen

FNG
Hi, Crew,
There are still a few spots for individuals and teams to sign up for the NRL Hunter match in Laramie, April 30/May 1
These events offer a great opportunity to train your spotting and shooting skills to make sure you are ready for that once-in-a-lifetime tag when it comes up.
We also have camping spaces available at the range if you want to pull a camper or a hotel group rate if you want to go that route.
The prize table will be random after the top 3 in each class so you have a chance at some seriously great prizes in addition to the immense training value by coming and shooting.
Questions, let me know.
Collin

Man that sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I don't have enough components to shoot my new rifle and my 6.5CM SIG Cross doesn't make PF with the load I have worked up.

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
What I have found is that most competitors only shoot 80 rounds for the match plus 10-20 for zero and check in.
Most anyone could shoot the whole match with less than 100 rounds!

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
There is also opportunity for folks to use factory ammo without having to meet Power Factor requirements and through NRL Hunter if you are a member you can get ammo to use at matches!

What I have found is that most competitors only shoot 80 rounds for the match plus 10-20 for zero and check in.
Most anyone could shoot the whole match with less than 100 rounds!
That's much more in line with what I've read.
There is also opportunity for folks to use factory ammo without having to meet Power Factor requirements and through NRL Hunter if you are a member you can get ammo to use at matches!
That would be awesome to be able to shoot my Sig Cross with the factory ammo. No guarantees how it shoots beforehand though!

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
That's much more in line with what I've read.

That would be awesome to be able to shoot my Sig Cross with the factory ammo. No guarantees how it shoots beforehand though!
If it's a factory cross and I believe they have factory Sig ammo it'll shoot just fine.
My Hornady factory ammo Chronos great and you won't be missing because your elevation is off, you'll miss because you didn't read the wind right!

If it's a factory cross and I believe they have factory Sig ammo it'll shoot just fine.
My Hornady factory ammo Chronos great and you won't be missing because your elevation is off, you'll miss because you didn't read the wind right!
So all that's required is to buy the membership to have access to buy ammo for the match? Do you know the price by any chance?

I also saw that loaner rifles may be available and since this is sponsored by Gunwerks, would that be an option?

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
So all that's required is to buy the membership to have access to buy ammo for the match? Do you know the price by any chance?

I also saw that loaner rifles may be available and since this is sponsored by Gunwerks, would that be an option?
NRL Hunter memberships are $100 then they can work with you to buy ammo to shoot the match.
I will reach out to gunwerks and see if they will loan out one of their schoolhouse rifles, in 6.5 creedmoor that you could use for the event.

NRL Hunter memberships are $100 then they can work with you to buy ammo to shoot the match.
I will reach out to gunwerks and see if they will loan out one of their schoolhouse rifles, in 6.5 creedmoor that you could use for the event.
Man that would be awesome.

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
And ammo wasn't $80 per box...
I have been seeing most 6.5 creed ammo at around $36 in the box stores. It just usually goes pretty fast.
The ammo available through NRL Hunter will not be at $80/ just so you can plan ahead, it will be closer to that $35 mark.

OP
cfossen

cfossen

FNG
Is there an option to shoot skills division as a team?
No. Unfortunately, there are only a limited number of team slots to maintain match flow.
There might be an option for skills shooters to stagger who shoots first each stage or you could stay behind to coach another skills shooter.
Youth get a free entry with a full match fee and coaching is encouraged to help them learn.

Well I'm signed up for Skills Division and bringing one with me. Should be comical to watch us with it being our first timed competition ever. If we could stagger or even just shoot one after the other, that would be awesome.

I was thinking this would be fun to do with my 45-70 till I read the average yardage.....just a little out of my range with that rifle.