Nu-Way Propane Heaters

Jakerex

WKR
Looking for feedback on the Nu-Way propane heaters? We have a 12x14 canvas wall tent we’re looking to heat. We’ve been using a big buddy heater and it’s just fine for taking the nip off, but I’d rather a vented propane stove for dry heat. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

No, I don’t want to heat with wood or anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the largest one they make, model 4000 I believe, and really like it. It has two burners so it has a pretty wide range of adjustability. I use it in a 12x12 Arctic Oven and occasionally, on colder nights, I’ll leave it on all night, with just one burner on the lowest setting. Turn both burners on high and you can use the top to cook on, or keep coffee hot, etc. It’s also really nice when you take it down and everything is just as clean as the day you bought it, won’t get that with a wood burner.
8b4e99cbbfcbf4f944b64c45a3e39ec0.jpg

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I have the largest one they make, model 4000 I believe, and really like it. It has two burners so it has a pretty wide range of adjustability. I use it in a 12x12 Arctic Oven and occasionally, on colder nights, I’ll leave it on all night, with just one burner on the lowest setting. Turn both burners on high and you can use the top to cook on, or keep coffee hot, etc. It’s also really nice when you take it down and everything is just as clean as the day you bought it, won’t get that with a wood burner.

How much propane do you go through? I’d like to run it at night if necessary to take the nip off and to keep water from freezing, and warm things up in the morning, after hunts, and when hanging out.

How much propane do you go through? I’d like to run it at night if necessary to take the nip off and to keep water from freezing, and warm things up in the morning, after hunts, and when hanging out.

Oh, that’s a tough one to answer. Roughly about 20 lbs. every 5 days to a week, but of course there are many variables to consider.

Voyageur

WKR

Thanks for including the picture. What length hose do you use in your 12X12 AO? Thanks.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info TB. Do you keep keep a pan, mat, etc under the stove at all? I don’t see one in the pic. Huh no problem melting AO floor?

Wheels

WKR

How long of a stove pipe do you use? Clearance above the roof of the tent?

sneaky

"DADDY"
How long of a stove pipe do you use? Clearance above the roof of the tent?
There's no sparks or embers coming out of a propane stove, so you won't have to run as much pipe as a wood burner. Enough to clear the peak but nothing more than that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info TB. Do you keep keep a pan, mat, etc under the stove at all? I don’t see one in the pic. Huh no problem melting AO floor?

It doesn’t get too awfully hot underneath there, but if I run it with two burners cranked up I have put some flat rocks under it just to help shield the heat. I have a super heavy duty canvas floor saver that you can see in the photo, which also helps. I’m not really liking the nesting stove pipe that Alaska Tent and Tarp sells for this set up, so I’ll probably be replacing it soon. The diameter of the pipe, where it goes through the stove jack is a fair amount smaller than the diameter where it comes off of the stove, and I’ve had issues with water running down the stove pipe when it’s raining sideways.

Fatcamp

WKR
He’s got one and he’s looking for something different. Dry heat is much nicer than the moist heat that a Buddy heater puts out.

Ya, and we are looking for more output.

Our goal for next season is to camp for all hunts.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Buy a Mr Heater Big Buddy and dont look back

The buddy does a good job in our tent. Just looking for dry heat to help drying clothes and boots, and limit condensation. The footprint of those nu-way heaters is close to the same as the big buddy.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
He’s got one and he’s looking for something different. Dry heat is much nicer than the moist heat that a Buddy heater puts out.

I agree with this. I have a Buddy and in the mountains the entire inside of my tent become ice in late season when I turn it off. I have been looking at Nuway also for my Kodiak Canvas tent because of this reason.