Nu-way propane stove for a wall tent

Nice to set it and forget it all night...no adding wood, no cinders, just perfectly adjustable temps. The 3500 is perfect for a 10X14. Just don't be a doofus and try to run a small stove in a bigger tent...match the stove to the space. I use two detectors in case one dies. I don't wanna join it. Common sense is not common enough.

IMG_2644.JPG
kodiak3.jpg

OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
That’s a nice setup. Bet that turns into a hot box pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a nice setup. Bet that turns into a hot box pretty quick.

Set it up in snow flurries, was 30 degrees inside before I turned both burners on. Was pushing 80 degrees in 8 minutes. Backed it off to one burner on low for the night, perfect! I try to keep the temp in the tent between 65-68 degrees at night. That's in the Kodiak 10X14 shown above. You can do that with a Nu-Way.

Last edited:
OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Not in a big wall tent. Full blast only keeps the tent 15 degrees higher than the outside air. Leaving one burner going at night kept it around 45 degrees which was plenty comfortable in a warm sleeping bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice to set it and forget it all night...no adding wood, no cinders, just perfectly adjustable temps. The 3500 is perfect for a 10X14. Just don't be a doofus and try to run a small stove in a bigger tent...match the stove to the space. I use two detectors in case one dies. I don't wanna join it. Common sense is not common enough.

View attachment 131432
View attachment 131433

Can you tell me who did your stove jack?

Ron

Brendan

WKR

I did. Use this, Bish's Tear Mender to glue it on, and a razor to trim canvas from the inside.

I owned and used that tent for a couple years before passing it on to WB. I had intended to take it to someone and have it sewn as a backup, but it was still holding great so never did.

Ron

Branden's Canvas Castle Emporium

scary.gif

When selecting your stove be sure to consider the square footage of your tent, NuWay offers stoves that generate between 12000 & 28000 BTUs. They can assist you in selecting the proper unit for your specific shelter. Tents that are very long will often come with two stove jacks because it is unrealistic to expect one stove to radiate sufficient heat to warm people at the opposite end.

Last edited:

JohnIrish

FNG
I have an Ellis Canvas Prairie tent. The tent is a modified TPee design with lighter canvas that is 12X12. It is fast to put up (10 - 15 minutes max) and I dont need a trailer to haul around for all the piping of a standard wall tent. It works for 2 guys with cots. The tent has a stove jack and I have used the NuWay stove and like it. Since my tent is smaller.. it seems to heat up fine but I have never had it in very cold weather. My only concern is that it does seem to burn through propane faster than I would like. I wanted to get away from wood. I am happy so far.

OceanMon

FNG
I have a large woodstove for my 14x16 wall tent and it works real nice in colder weather. Finding good wood to burn was a challenge last year, mostly scrub pine where I was hunting. I’ve been looking into getting a Nu-way 4000 propane stove that I can install instead of the woodstove and vent out of the stove jack. I’d really like to hear any experience any of you have with these stoves. I tried using a standard size buddy heater last year and it was not worth using. I could only keep the temperature about 10 degrees higher than the outside temp with the buddy heater. I’m sure the big buddy heater would do better but I like the idea of venting the gasses out the roof. So let’s hear some opinions or experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What did you end up going with for a heater? Does it work well? Happy with it?