NULA feedback

jeffpg

WKR
I have a pristine 300 Win Mag in a safe that I traded for years ago. Definitely one of my nicer safe queens. I have fired it a few times and it's very accurate with the only factory load I tried. Handles like a dream. I need to take it hunting but I have plenty of other rigs to grab it seems. I have turned down some good offers to sell it but It's just something that I'd hate to part with.

I don't think you're gonna find too many dissatisfied NULA owners.

I stopped in to Melvin's shop this past Friday and ordered my first rifle so I cannot give you any feedback. I can say that after handling several he had on hand, I was impressed and am excited to get my rifle!!

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
I finally bit the bullet and ordered one last month. Now the worst part, the wait.

LightFoot

WKR
I had a NULA. Loved and hated it. It was feather light and built to my specs... 22 inch barrel, 14" LOP. It was hard to shoot well, though. Bolt was not smooth. But damn was it great to pack.

The gun was sub-moa capable, but I struggled to get there outside a lead sled. I also got it in 6.5 creedmoor. I wish that I would have gone with more bullet with a 400 yard (self-imposed) range limit. Maybe 338 Federal or 358 Win.

>>>----JAKE----->

Last edited:
OP
F
I’m not sure, seems most people are waiting around 10-15 months. I’m not in a rush although I guess it would be nice to have it In time to dial in for fall.

wavygravy

FNG
Mine took 15 months and I just got it last summer. It's my new go-to gun, super light, balances amazing and more accurate than I can shoot. My only complaint is the same as the comment above, the bolt is just not that smooth and for the price I expect butter smooth. It's mine though, and I dont ever plan on selling it.

wildcat33

WKR
I’m not sure, seems most people are waiting around 10-15 months. I’m not in a rush although I guess it would be nice to have it In time to dial in for fall.

There's a 7-08 over for sale on 24hr. Aint a 284, but darn close....

Slippery

FNG
Long time lurker, thanks for all the info but never felt I had anything worthwhile to add that hadn’t already been said...until now.

I have a NULA 7-08

The good - everything positive you’ve ever read or heard is true. Mine shoots scary good and isn’t particularly sensitive to ammo. Yes, it likes some better than others, but even the stuff it doesn’t like shoots groups you won’t be embarrassed to show someone. It carries like a dream, balances well and comes to the shoulder without thinking about it.

What you don’t hear about is what an absolute wealth of info Mr Forbes is; he Doesn’t talk about what he wants you to order, he asks questions and makes suggestions based on a ridiculous amount of real world experience ...to describe him as “no BS“ is an understatement.

The bad - I have a safe full of rifles and I haven’t used another bolt gun since I bought my NULA. Really.

My dad has some really nice stuff including a Blaser he’s had for a long time and just received his 260 NULA he ordered after handling mine.

I’m ordering a pair of 06’s on Monday - 1 for my son for his first elk hunt and 1 for me because everyone should own a 3006.

I’m sure there are several other quality builders & I have zero experience with them but I am a big fan of my NULA.

if you want more info pm me and I’ll try to answer any questions

Dave

How long is the lead time to get it? Nice choice on caliber.
When I placed my order, January 29th, I never asked how long, but as I was leaving Melvin said he was out 5 1/2 months. I hope that will be the case, but from everything I see and read I will not be shocked if it takes a year or longer.

scot520

FNG
I am on the doorstep about to order a nula, my confusion lies in the caliber. I want an ultralight mountain timber rifle for deer size game. I reload and have all components for 6.5prc and would like to have him build me one but im afraid it would need a 24'' barrel and the model 20 would be too short of an action for my berger bullet affair. looking for a 6lb and under scoped rifle, i would assume most would recommend the 708 or 260 with a 20'' barrel for that.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I am on the doorstep about to order a nula, my confusion lies in the caliber. I want an ultralight mountain timber rifle for deer size game. I reload and have all components for 6.5prc and would like to have him build me one but im afraid it would need a 24'' barrel and the model 20 would be too short of an action for my berger bullet affair. looking for a 6lb and under scoped rifle, i would assume most would recommend the 708 or 260 with a 20'' barrel for that.
I think the 6.5 prc ends up in a 28 short model. I’ve got a model 20 in .308 with a 6x leupold that is a good bit under your 6 pound mark.

scot520

FNG
I think the 6.5 prc ends up in a 28 short model. I’ve got a model 20 in .308 with a 6x leupold that is a good bit under your 6 pound mark.
thanks I feel like unless you get one of his guns in a model 20 you are truly experiencing them. I will most likely order a 20'' 7mm08

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
thanks I feel like unless you get one of his guns in a model 20 you are truly experiencing them. I will most likely order a 20'' 7mm08
Can’t go wrong there. I was thinking about going that route but ended up ordering a 284 win instead.