Nunatak. WOW!

ozyclint

WKR
Last week i received my order from Nunatak. i got a PCT (formerly called skaha) jacket and pants.

the pants are pretty much standard as per what can be ordered straight from the website but the jacket has had some custom work incorporated into it.

i had 4" added to the length and had 1" taken off the sleeve length. after measuring myself for sizing the standard sleeve length for my med/large size seemed excessive for my arms.

now the custom work- i wanted to reconfigure the position of the kangaroo pouch hand warmer pocket so that it could be used when i have a pack on. there is nothing worse than having a pocket that is unusable because it is underneath a pack waist belt IMO.
after contacting Jan, Nunatak were more than helpful in accommodating my request. they simply asked for a sketch with dimensions to locate the pocket and its openings and went from there.

it seems that it is a rare occurrence these days to open a package and have your expectations exceeded. Opening this parcel from Nunatak was one of them!

the first impressions that hit me were of the build quality. the craftsmanship here is first class. not a seam or stitch out of place, not a pucker anywhere, nothing.

then i tried them on and they fit perfectly. everything was just how i wanted it. the fit, pocket location and my boots pass through the pants with ease.

i had planned to take them on a trip to NZ hunting tahr in May but that trip has been shot down in flames with covid19. they will still see use here at home in winter and i can't wait for it.

specs- outer fabric is 7D robic, liner is 10D, 3.6oz/yard apex insulation throughout.
jacket weighs 368 grams/12.98oz, pants weigh 290 grams/10.22oz.

if your considering a puffy jacket or pants consider Nunatak. with the ability to customize fit and features and fantastic customer service they offer a great product and service experience.

IMG_20200405_130100.jpgIMG_20200405_130308.jpg

IMG_20200405_130043.jpg

ohoopee

WKR
Glad to see they have resumed full operations. I see now that the
JMT can be modified with the kangaroo pocket/pullover.

mtnkid85

WKR
Ha, I ordered almost the same jacket and just got it too. Mines 2.5/oz though. Great looking puffy. I got the pants last year they where awesome!

Mine fit good, but it is slim, Id probably size up next time just to be safe.

ohoopee

WKR
Just curious, was it slim while slipping it over your head and once you had it on?
Mine felt slim when I slid it over but perfect while I was wearing it.

Last edited:

mtnkid85

WKR
Just curious, was it slim while slipping it over your head and once you had it on?
Mine felt slim when I slid it over but perfect while I was wearing it.

Like I said it fits good. I think its just the lack of stretch that makes me say Id bump up a size. I certainly wouldn't want it any smaller anyways.
For what I want it for it will be perfect.