NV 141-145 Early Season Rifle Muley Hunt. First Hunt

Hi all. New here and after four years drew my first hunting tag ever. Im late onset hunter and do not have time to physically scout the area due to young children/job etc but starting to e-scout. Any pointers for these units? I will probably have about 3-4 days out there. I plan to use my vehicle as a base and hike as much as possible, no ATV etc. just looking for some pointers.

OP
M
Well pretty sure. New to the forum and green to hunting. Thank you. There a similar username?

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking he's poking fun at the quintessential 2nd post asking for help and insisting no time to scout etc. Don't know the units at all but I'm sure the wildlife biologist can help as well as a google search for other threads discussing the unit. More than anything if you are new read about the behavior of deer. That will probably help you more than someone telling you where to go even.

OP
M
I know I was asking for it but after lurking for a while and my hunting partner falling through I figured I’d ask the greenhorn question. I’ve seen other posts from last year and other hunts but just not sure after having such a dry year how that plays into things. I guess I figure a few questions on forums can’t hurt my research. Id really like to get out and scout first hand but two kids under three ain’t helping. I don’t want to be the stereotype but hey…

Walter Prothero has written some books on muleys. Read them. It’ll save me a lot of typing. I found them very helpful.