NV 268 Ewe Hunt

Hi everyone,

I have a desert bighorn ewe hunt coming up in NV unit 268. I've been doing a fair amount of e scouting and have looked over the NDOW website and talked with a biologist about locating sheep come October. I am planning on doing short overnight style hunting unless true multiday backpacking is necessary. It seems to be a water limited environment, however I didn't get a chance to physically scout since I was tied up between work and my wedding. I know this unit is known for big rams, but if anyone has any tips for locating ewes in this unit it would be greatly appreciated.

Southern Nevada has had an extremely dry summer, to say the least, and it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon. There are a few guzzlers in 268 that are close to roads, and I would focus on them and you should be able to kill a ewe within a day. The sheep population in 268 is the largest in the state. NDOW offers a guzzler map, or if you have OnX they will show up on there. Good luck.

OP
K
Southern Nevada has had an extremely dry summer, to say the least, and it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon. There are a few guzzlers in 268 that are close to roads, and I would focus on them and you should be able to kill a ewe within a day. The sheep population in 268 is the largest in the state. NDOW offers a guzzler map, or if you have OnX they will show up on there. Good luck.

I appreciate that, I figured checking out the guzzlers would be a productive tactic for ewes and already have them marked on OnX