NV FNG

Hello everyone! I’m a second year hunter out of the great state of NV. I didn’t grow up hunting so I’m the idiot in the woods that has gained all his knowledge from podcasts and YouTube :ROFLMAO: i wasn’t able to seal the deal on my mule deer tag in October and just finished scouting for a cow elk trip in Utah with extremely disappointing results. I guess that’s part of the issue of using Google earth, OnX, GoHUNT to try and figure things out in places you’ve never been.
Regardless, I’m very thankful for online forums and the people that are cool enough to share the insight into this very foreign world to me. Cheers 🍻

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy, I have been hunting my whole life and just recently (2years ago) started having success. Hunting is very emotional, you spend all that time, all that money, work hard, and sometimes it just doesn't work out. There are a ton of variables in hunting, some of them you can control and some of them you can't. Control the ones you can, practice shooting, wake up early and be at a glassing knob at first light, be prepared to sit in inclement weather etc. Don't give up man, you'll figure it out.

OP
K
Howdy, I have been hunting my whole life and just recently (2years ago) started having success. Hunting is very emotional, you spend all that time, all that money, work hard, and sometimes it just doesn't work out. There are a ton of variables in hunting, some of them you can control and some of them you can't. Control the ones you can, practice shooting, wake up early and be at a glassing knob at first light, be prepared to sit in inclement weather etc. Don't give up man, you'll figure it out.
Thanks for the tips! I have always loved getting out and exploring so it’s new to actually have a purpose in the middle of nowhere. Been shooting as much as I can afford. I picked the wrong time to get a 6.5 PRC rifle haha.

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the tips! I have always loved getting out and exploring so it’s new to actually have a purpose in the middle of nowhere. Been shooting as much as I can afford. I picked the wrong time to get a 6.5 PRC rifle haha.
Hunting is like nothing else, you can be down in the dumps and ready to sell all your gear then you see an animal and you're hooked again.
I feel your pain on the 6.5 prc, I just bought one. I'm thinking if I cut back to one meal a day I might be able to afford some ammo in a few months. Lol
Good luck on your cow tag!

OP
K
Hunting is like nothing else, you can be down in the dumps and ready to sell all your gear then you see an animal and you're hooked again.
I feel your pain on the 6.5 prc, I just bought one. I'm thinking if I cut back to one meal a day I might be able to afford some ammo in a few months. Lol
Good luck on your cow tag!

Thank you sir! I didn’t realize people were selling once shot factory brass till I looked on here. Since I don’t trust myself reloading I might be able to offset some of the cost of new ammo by selling brass. It seems like a great round though! My wife took her antelope and cow elk with it last year. Two shots, two animals. Did what we needed it to do!