NW Georgia

BBecker74

FNG
Hello all, I. A new member/hunter living in Cedartown, GA. This past season was my first hunting and now I’m hooked. So far I’ve only hunted on my families property here in Cedartown but I’m looking at planning a trip out west in the next couple seasons. It looks like the guided trips fill up pretty quick, my wife is trying to get us scheduled for a pack horse trip in 2022 in Montana.

We live right off the Alabama border in a heavily forested area with several wma’s near by so next season I’ll give that a try. I look forward to learning from all the information and knowledge on the forums here.

Good to meet everyone.

Carr5vols

WKR
Welcome, a lot of great knowledge on here, use the search function and it has probably been asked. Don't ask for a spot or unit or you will get chastised very quickly. From Bremen.

OP
BBecker74

BBecker74

FNG
Welcome, a lot of great knowledge on here, use the search function and it has probably been asked. Don't ask for a spot or unit or you will get chastised very quickly. From Bremen.
Yeah, I’ve used forums for years now for different subjects and I’m an introvert so the search function is my friend. Thanks for the heads up, looks like your not too far from me.

Carr5vols

WKR
Close...seen the opened up 2 new wma's near you...I am sure they use to be hunting clubs so might get one good year out of them.

FLAK

WKR
Hey, I grew up in AL., went to school @JSU just across the border. Worked in Dalton and Ellijay for a while.
Good stuff up there.

OP
BBecker74

BBecker74

FNG
Close...seen the opened up 2 new wma's near you...I am sure they use to be hunting clubs so might get one good year out of them.
I didn’t hear about those, I’ll have to check it out. I tried top find a lease or club in the area but didn’t have any luck.

I’m in Union County now after about 15 years out west - looking to come your way this fall for a few quick hunts.