NX8 vs MK5 vs other suggestions

Thoughts on one vs the other

Mk 5-
1) I like the turret locking and audible clicks
2) like the red illuminated reticle better
3) Glass may be negligibly better
4) I like 34mm tube (but unfortunately doesn’t have a 50 mm objective in the 3.6 -18
5) Like the length of the 3.6-18… the 5-25 seems so much bigger though for not that much more mag

NX8
1) like the mag range better in both the 2.5-20 and the 4-32
2) 50 mm objective but lacks the 34 mm tube
3) Priced slightly better IMO
4) Size weight profile better for both models (at least compared to MK5 5-25)

Any other brands/ models to look at , want something that is no doubt going to return to zero and track. I am leaning towards FFP but if I go with FFP it’s got to illuminate since it will be used for hunting and I don’t really want to lose my reticle in brush or on animal in low light

madcalfe

WKR
oh oh. same predicament I was in.
i ended up going with a kahles k318i.
wasn't a fan on the nx8. another good scope in that range would be a Schmidt and bender pmii ultrashort

Lawnboi

WKR
I like my nx8, and cannot compare it to the leupold. That said it does have downsides. Finicky parralax and tight eye box. Beyond that I’m happy with my 4-32. Dialed hundreds of solutions on it this year and it’s worked well.

OP
A
I’ve seen a lot of people complain about the parallax and eyebox online . Do all NF scopes struggle with this or is it a NX8 thing

Big Ern

WKR
If looking at NF look at the atacr 4-16. Great scope if you don’t mind the weight penalty. Much better glass than nx8 and more forgiving eyebox. Bombproof durability and tracking is spot on. A great scope and a good value. I had one and now run a SB 5-20us on my hunting rifle. Although the SB glass is a touch better, I actually prefer the atacr and kick myself for switching.

if weight an issue take a look at March scopes.

robie

WKR
I just bought NX8 but haven't mounted it yet. If eye relief is important to me should I return it for the mark 5hd?

OP
A
I just bought NX8 but haven't mounted it yet. If eye relief is important to me should I return it for the mark 5hd?
I don’t own either, have looked through both but not with them mounted. @huntnful may be able to help. Has a thread about them on here

Last edited:

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I have two NX8's: a 2.5-20x50 and a 1-8x24 LPVO. Despite the online complaints, both are working great for me. Key in my judgment is getting a rifle that fits you and then mounting the scope appropriately.

Both are amazingly versatile, and the illuminated reticles work very well.

Last edited:

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting the NX8 4x32 for about 6-7 months now. I really like the scope except for the tight eye box when the magnification is dialed up. However, with that being said where I hunt I'm not dialing the scope up to 32x. Typically at the ranges I'll be hunting I can comfortably keep the magnification between 4 and 12, maybe a bit higher if need be. On the range past 600 or so its really nice to have the extra magnification.

fatbacks

WKR
I really like my NX8 2.5-20 SFP. Yeah really haven’t noticed any issues with the eye relief.

My favorite all around hunting rifle scope is the NXS 2.5-10. Only thing I would change about it is a capped windage dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve seen a lot of people complain about the parallax and eyebox online . Do all NF scopes struggle with this or is it a NX8 thing
Personally I think some people are overly picky, i have an NX8 2.5-20 and neither are an issue for me, I dial the parallax till clear, I have zero issue getting a full eyebox even at 20x and I wear glasses.